• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

M' lady

John Angulat

pro member
I'm not permitted to photograph the love of my life all that often. She suffers from a severe, nearly uncurable fear of cameras. Hence, any shot requires much stealth and deception.
We were in Savannah on a quick getaway when I caught her unaware, relaxing on a park bench.
It required me to first lay on my back pretending to photograph hanging spanish moss in the trees. When the moment seemed right..a quick roll to the left and "gotcha!"

Unplanned as it was, the sun reflecting off the book she was reading made for a great reflector, otherwise the face would've been in deep shadow.

I think it turned out pretty good.

MaudBenchsm.jpg

John Angulat

pro member
Rachel, Janet
Thank you kindly for the compliment. She is serene, and that's a rare event. Her life as the owner and executive chef of a very busy restaurant is all consuming and doesn't leave much time time for relaxation. I'm always grateful for the quiet moments.

Cem_Usakligil

...She is serene, and that's a rare event. Her life as the owner and executive chef of a very busy restaurant is all consuming and doesn't leave much time time for relaxation. I'm always grateful for the quiet moments.
Wow you lucky devil! She's got the looks and she can cook as well? Fantastic :)

Very nice picture BTW. Small nitpick, maybe you can try desaturating the greens just a little bit. They are too overwhelming if you as me.

Cheers,

Doug Earle

I'm married to one of those also. Too many exposures to a slow moving grandfather with a Brownie Box camera forcing the grandkids to stand facing the South Texas summer sun while he fiddled with settings did it, I think.

this is lovely.

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Cem, thanks and I'll be sure to pass along the compliment. The cooking thing can be problematic, though. It's evidenced by my ever-expanding waistline and cholesterol count!
You're right about the greens, I tend to have a heavy hand in the saturation layer. I really need to learn to tone it down.

Charlotte Thompson

Hi John

coming in late missed this one
beautiful woman, she looks very intelligent as well

O and LOL she looks like she is tolerating your sneakiness" I bet she knew"
nice shot I'm gonna be in Galveston soon for a vaca- its only about 50 miles from where I live-going with another photog friend
hope to catch something really neat*

Charlotte-

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Doug,
As the AFLAC billy goat says in the TV commercial..."nah, nah, nah".
I only wish I could claim credit for forward thinking!
Just lucky I guess.