• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sometimes...

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
Too often I get caught up in shooting my assignments and as I shoot things for fun I tend to forget about those photos. Then every once in a while I fall across something I shot that I really like. Do you guys do that too?

From a walk on the Venice Beach boardwalk last year during an assignment at "Muscle Beach"...

Characters-VeniceBeach.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Too often I get caught up in shooting my assignments and as I shoot things for fun I tend to forget about those photos. Then every once in a while I fall across something I shot that I really like. Do you guys do that too?
Hi Ian,

Yes, I know the feeling. I like this picture, you saw him coming just in time to press the shutter.

Having said that, sometimes life is full of small surprises. See here the picture my daughter took with her G9 last summer in Venice Beach. I have shown them here before, LOL.

G9_Samples-3.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ian and Cem,

These are both interesting pictures. When I saw the first, I thought, "Yes! Perfect in B&W!" then I saw Ayla's picture and thought that color is American, how nice!

I knew I had seen the guy before but wasn't sure if I was remembering one of my own pictures that has vanished into the morass of files I have accumulated. It may be that I have photographed the same flag toting gentleman but now I remember Ayla's G9 picture.

Great subject, thanks. We need to search for more.!

Asher

Ian L. Sitren

pro member
Here is another from that same morning at Venice Beach. Shot with a Contax G1, Contax 45mm f2 Planar lens, Ilford Delta 100 film, roll scanned.

Family-breakfast.jpg

Andrew Gould

Spontaneous looking street shots like these are really refreshing. Love the look on the faces of the couple and the body language in the first one. The colour shot is a really neat, with the flag and other details, and the rider's face. too. Great how the bird and dog have virtually the same pose in that last one! I just find the highlights a shade overpowering in this one, I must admit. A minor detail though, as this is a very pleasing series.