• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Was it above the fold?

Doug Kerr

I was pleased to have an article I (mostly) wrote, accompanied by one of my photos, published in Episcopal Life Online, the online publication of the Episcopal News Service, operated by the national headquarters of The Episcopal Church. Here's the link:

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/81803_104376_ENG_HTM.htm

The story celebrates a pivotal occurrence - the first Episcopal worship service ever openly conducted in Parker County, Texas (just west of Fort Worth) by a female Episcopal Priest. The until-recently incumbent bishop, like his predecessors since the founding of The Episcopal Diocese of Fort Worth, refused to ordain women as priests (despite a 1976 decision of the national church that women must be considered eligible), and refused to let women priests that had been ordained elsewhere officiate in churches of the diocese.

The diocese was recently liberated from this situation when the bishop, most of the staff of the diocese, and many of the clergy and church members of the diocese voted to separate from The Episcopal Church and instead affiliate with the Anglican Church of the Southern Cone of America, based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Vaya con Dios, Obispo!

fahim mohammed

Doug, unfortunately I am not familiar with the theological issues involved, but would like to
extend my ' well done' for your contribution to the article.

Is the picture of the referenced person?

Best.