• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Norwegian sunsets 2 - Tranquility

Mike Shimwell

Trying to avoid over crowding one thread with 3 images. This was at sea level on the banks of Sognefjord.

Mike

3248914632_a8ec1f3903_o.jpg

Mike- This is my favorite photo of the five that you recently displayed for critique. I love the blue tones. It's almost like a black/white photo but with blue instead. The lighting is so neat. I've never seen a photo taken like this one before. Great job!

Ossi Raimi

Very peaceful photo with nice colors. Only thing I don't like it is horizon almost a middle ... sometimes it gives balance, but this photo is already fulfilled with peace....

fahim mohammed

Mike, tranquility is aptly named as it is very well captured. I have enjoyed your Norway series immensely.

Best.

Mike Shimwell

Wow, thanks everyone, your comments are much appreciated.

Fahim, It's interesting that I was completely overawed by your scandinavia work. The richness of the colour you found amazed me. You comment is a real compliment.

Mike

TJ Avery

I love the quiet light. My favorite time of day is the quiet light just before a sunrise or just after a sunset. The blue/orange combo works really well here. The colors are pleasing. I'm glad to see the colors subdued a bit (you could easily go too far with saturation on an image like this).

To my eye, there's just a bit too much negative space at the top and bottom of the frame. The horizontal layers of the water, mountains, and sky are great, but there's just not enough interest at the very top and bottom. I might try cropping slightly to get a "fat" panoramic (i.e. something at a 1:2 ratio perhaps).