• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

5dMII

Ron Morse

I pre-ordered on Sept. 22 in order to have it for our vacation in Mexico. We left Jan 4th, but I got the camera on Jan. 30. A long wait for a pre-order.

I haven't had much chance to use it yet but I'm loving it so far.

We lost our little Hans of almost 15 years last August. We got a Welsh terrier a couple of weeks ago.

Dudley
SMC takumar 135/3.5 cost a whopping $40.00
ISO 200
f/5.6 1/200

I had to give it a try at 6400 to see if it would focus in low light. It locked right on.

Maxwell
EF 100/2.8
ISO 6400
f/5 1/15 I had it on f/5 and didn't change it. Understand, I was just playing with my new camera here. No noise reduction applied other than in camera standard.

Last edited:

Ron Morse

Thanks Rachel.

He is a nice little dog. He is a little bundle of energy. He goes full tilt for about an hour then crashes for an hour then does it all over again.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Ron -

Those Welshies (that is what they are called in the Terrier World of Dog Shos) are great little dogs. We tried to get one but got our Cairn instead. We couldn;'t find any puppies 7 years ago. Sorry to hear about your Schnauzer. They are all so precious with their own personalities and fit right in to our families. Hard when they leave us and all kinds of adjustments when the new ones arrive but happy times for certain.

Just like the 5DMk2...happy to have them, but they are distinctively different from the Mark I of the 5D. The basics are close but there is a whole learning curve to get the buttons to be automatic in your hands. Just like housebreaking - we have to start all over again not to make a mess on the carpet. We don't want to make messes to clean up in Photoshop later.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just like the 5DMk2...happy to have them, but they are distinctively different from the Mark I of the 5D. The basics are close but there is a whole learning curve to get the buttons to be automatic in your hands. Just like housebreaking - we have to start all over again not to make a mess on the carpet. We don't want to make messes to clean up in Photoshop later.

So Kathy,

Ma nishtana? In what way is this camera different from all other cameras? Have you discovered what is it's character? Does it focus lock any better than 5D Mark I? How about accuracy of focus? What about the limit that the center focus point only kicks in at it's most accurate with lenses 2.8 or more open than that? Is the viewfinder really much better?

Asher

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Asher,

A good cook needs to use the pots several times to determine if the brisket is as good as the old pot made it. I had a boudoir shoot this week in my studio and left the new camera behind because I did not want to worry about the settings. I had enough worry with doing a boudoir shoot with a woman in her early 60's. Will upload some later. Accounting season has arrived full force.