• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

J a w s

I started a project 7 or 8 years ago trying to scan all of my old photographs from years past. Many are of my two children when they were babies and toddlers. I wanted to digitize things before the photos got to be in too bad of shape. I found these two that I thought you may find interesting.

While I was in the Air Force and stationed down in Florida, the motion picture Jaws 2 was being filmed in the area. It's of course supposed to take place in Massachusettes or somewhere in the North East but they actually filmed a lot of the water scenes in Florida. These were taken in 1977 in Destin, Florida using some little 120 instamatic. The first is one of the robotic sharks they used and the second shows a small scale chopper that if you saw the movie, you may remember the shark actually pulling it out of the sky and then eating the pilot. The pictures are very low in quality but very high in good memories of a different time in my life.

James Newman

jaws1.jpg
jaws2.jpg

Daniel Buck

hah, that's a sweet find! You might try some auto-levels on them, that will get rid of some of the aged color cast (not all of it though), though that might take away some of the enjoyment of the photos :)

Yea, you'll find that quite alot of things are filmed elsewhere than where it's actually supposed to be taking place. Out of convenience, permitting, weather or whatever else. haha!

I tried your suggestions and they do look a lot better. Unfortunately it is impossible to hide my ineptness with the camera and composition, or even the harsh time of day from these long ago snaps. I still like them though. The movie ended up being ok but not nearly as scary as that first one.

jaws1redo.jpg
jaws2redo.jpg

michael ekim

Golden nugget

Hello Mr. Newman,

I am new to this forum. Found it in a Google image search.
My interest is based in 1970's era movies and advertisments.
The major part of this interest are the Jaws movies, the first two actually.
I am very excited over the find of your two posted Jaws 2 photos.

I was hoping to add your photos to my personal collection, with your permission;
and was also hoping to open a dialoge with you to aquire larger resolution copies.
I would also hate myself for not asking if you had other views of Brucette, the Jaws 2 Shark,
or other behind the scenes material from the movie to share.

I have a large amount of material to trade, that I have been given permission to trade
by others if you share a similar interest. I also would add whatever you are comfortabale
sharing with me to my private only collection [no sharing] if you request so.

I am very adament about respecting other's ownership and rights.
The materials involving Jaws 2 that I have permission to share are from some people who worked on the film that were kind enough to share their photos, and memories with me.

I hate to just bust onto a new forum with a request.
I typically like to introduce myself by giving something of value to the community first. I hope I have not offended with my introductory 'gimme' request, and appologize if so, but such a find, such good photos of such an on the spot capture of history; well its a gold nugget event for me.

I can supply my email if you request and we can talk further there if you like.
I thank you for your time in this exciting matter; and I am thankful that Google led me to this
corner of the net.

mike