• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A pleco

Ron Morse

I haven't been taking any aquarium pictures in a while so I thought I'd start again with an easy subject.

5DMII
28-135 IS micro-adjusted
About f/8 1/160 ISO-200
Two 580 EX above tank
mg0579bsh8.jpg

They have very different eyes.
mg0579um7.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ron,

Glad to see the fish return. With the bears, eagle and flowers we are coming alive with nature!

I like the illumination, but could you work a tad on the underneath too. How do you banish reflections from the glass?

Asher

Ron Morse

Ron,

Glad to see the fish return. With the bears, eagle and flowers we are coming alive with nature!

I like the illumination, but could you work a tad on the underneath too. How do you banish reflections from the glass?

Asher

I wanted the shadows in this shot Asher. Its real easy to light up the bottom with a little fill flash from the front.

You won't get any reflections from the glass with overhead flashes no matter how many lights are on in the room.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

What are the nostril like organs?
Nostrils. They lead to the plecostomus' olfactory organs, which are very sensitive. The sensors are actually on a part of the brain, so there is no transmission system required.(Catfish have a similar arrangement, but their nostrils aren't so interesting.)

Best regards,

Doug

Chaz Zahn

Ron,

Very nice! I used to have a tank that had a nice pair of plecos, one looked real similar to yours. How big is your tank?

Ron Morse

Rachel, by using flashes above the aquarium you will never get reflections. They are so much brighter than light in the room that they overpower everything else.