• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Something new..Osprey Nest

Eric Diller

FOund a new Osprey Nest in town yesterday. The have built a nest on top of a Utility pole on a platform place by the city. Cool thing is a can drive up to a certain level in the parking garage for an eye level photo shoot. I still have to go through todays pic's, caught them mating! Last year they had 4 babies.....Can't wait until the eggs are laid and hatched. Can only imagine the baby shots I will be scoring on!!

What a year on Raptor nests!

Had a cloudy/sunny day for these shots, mid day again.

PIC_2399copy-1.jpg

PIC_2276copy.jpg

PIC_2228copy.jpg

PIC_2230copy.jpg

Lovely Osprey shots, Eric. I've shot many of them, on various nests, and know it can be difficult to get a clear shot. You've done well in this regard, with minimal interference from the tangle of branches and twigs that form their nests. Love the open-beak first shot.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
PIC_2399copy-1.jpg

© Eric Diller

Eric,

The first Osprey picture with the beak open is powerful but also splendid in the plumage. I have a a feeling that if you took a bus ride across the country, you'd find a raptor nest at every bus stop!

Asher