• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

D2Xs and stock

Anyone doing stock with a D2X? I may be moving to Tokyo for a few years (Asher, if you see this, I will not go to new york after all but to Japan, long story...)

My Idea wold be to try to contribute to a magazine (published by Asahi Shimbun AERA, I used to contribute to them) and do stock for Alamy

The question is: Is the D2X a good camera for this in terms of resolution etc? I have a Fujifilm S2 and some lenses, so the DX format is ok for me. I also saw the DPReview.com review on the D2X and compared well with the 16mp Canon at a substantially better price. The alternative would be the EOS-D5, but I wold be lenses less and also the S2 would have to be sold etc.

It would be nice to have the flag ship of Nikon.

My plan is to wait for Photokina and eventually get something for my Mamiya 645 AFD that would be 22mp or more to complement the D2X.

Basically the question is: Anyone shooting sock with the Nikon D2X?

Thank you

LeonardoBarreto.com