• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

LF: crime scene *fake blood warning*

Daniel Buck

*blood warning* fake blood and fake wounds

Speedgraphic 4x5 with stroboflash, Adox Ortho 25iso film developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 6 minutes.

I've got another batch of shots to develop, shots of different setups.

murder_01.jpg

murder_02.jpg

murder_04.jpg

murder_05.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Daniel
guess I
ll be the first up!

these look fairly real-
like some kind of gangster hit thing"
I for one think the girl at the end doesn't convince me of emotion with connection to the scene

what are you doing with these
interesting really
looks pretty macabre
will be back later to see what say you-

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Daniel,

Looks pretty real to me! Those suits are really going to need a cleaning! I hope that's in the budget! What's this for?

Asher

Daniel Buck

No real grand plan for these, just trying out some ideas for vintage looking crime scene stuff for something fun to do on the weekend. (as well as an excuse to test out my new Speedgraphic setup before I go to the vintage races later in the year) Now that we've done this once, we're going to go back and do it again with more ideas and more confidence :)

If anyone has suggestions on improvement, or other ideas/concepts, I'd gladly take them into consideration. We may try one or two setups that have a 'mob-hit' type feel to them, maybe even going as far as putting some scattered money around the area (if that doesn't look to cheesy). Some of the shots that I haven't developed yet have a few empty bullet shells laying on the ground, but I don't think they will show up very much in the shots.

The clothing, we picked up at local thrift/goodwill stores on the cheap :-D

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Daniel,

Why not have a fellow in a raincoat with collar undone a bit and his tie loose, be taking picture with a speed/Crown Graphic with the flash and a nice round reflector. A crime reporter would be a required part of this series.

Another nice touch would be to have a little boy with an old Kodak Brownie box camera taking looking on.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Daniel,

I hope you do expand this series. Staging shots is a creative process. I think you are an a very creative track. This is really interesting.

Asher