• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Joy in children's expression

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
I just entered a photo challenge with these three images - the challenge is to show joy in children's expression.

Thought I's share here. I think these expressions are contagious.

302036108_H7idB-M-2.jpg

344910508_yLzsx-M-4.jpg

519631660_S3Vd3-M.jpg

Rachel Foster

All are wonderful, but I loved the third.

You know those shots you'd give a limb for if you could have a "do-over" chance? I have one of those shots. Unfortunately it was with a 5 mp point and shoot that I didn't know how to use.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
yes

Yes, I do know about the ones you wish you could do over - it doesn't matter the camera. There have been a few that I wish I'd been stopped down for that I wasn't or the ISO could have been at a different setting....

The third photo was at the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building in San Francisco a few years ago taking a class on street portraiture. The first was a grab shot of a client's son. I went to shoot his newborn baby sister and couldn't miss taking at least a few of Dillon. The 2nd was a project I did for myself. I was shooting a paid event for someone and decided to do portraits of the kids - it was a company picnic for a large medical facility and what the event company wanted was wide shots of the fun stuff. I did those as they asked but then I did the kids for me.

Mike Spinak

pro member
I like the first the best, the second the second best, and the third the least.

The first shot is exceptional. All are good.

Well done.

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Thanks, Mike

Thanks, Mike. Can you believe that the mother did not like it? I cut off his head - which is my style. The last was a street portrait with a 50 2.5 Macro a few years ago.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thought I's share here. I think these expressions are contagious.

302036108_H7idB-M-2.jpg

Hi Kathy,

This first picture was, I thought, was actually shot by Clayton himself! I felt great that I had immediately recognized his work. However, the other pictures looked different to his style. The fact that he commends you for this photograph is no small complement as I find his children, (from N. Africa seeming to be siblings of this youngster), so well imaged, getting their pure joy and playful innocent inquisitiveness.

Asher