• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Monica and Livy

Mike Spinak

pro member
I had a portrait session with a 3 week old baby, last week. Here's a shot I liked, from the session:

3469569116_42b44ca73c_o.jpg

I wanted to show the mother's love, show some bond between mother and daughter, give the feel of an intimate, private moment, give a gentle feel, and make things tightly focused on just them in their own world.

This was made with a Canon 1Ds Mark II with a 24-70 mm lens at 70 mm, at f/2.8, at ISO 1600, at an 80th of a second. I hope you enjoy it.

janet Smith

pro member
I wanted to show the mother's love, show some bond between mother and daughter, give the feel of an intimate, private moment, give a gentle feel, and make things tightly focused on just them in their own world.

I would say that this is mission accomplished, you've achieved everything you set out to, the expression on the babies face shows pure contentment, very touching.....

I'm sure this will be a very precious photograph for her and her family, one that they will treasure forever, just beautiful!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

Clayton's photographs of children always are enchanting. So when he agrees with Jan's "Mission Accomplished", you know you have really done a splendid job.

What I can add is that you also paint the image with a lot of personal love for the subjects whether bird, people you know or a plant.

Asher

Mike Spinak

pro member
Thank you all.

Asher, I'm glad this comes through in my photography. It's a subject deserving its own thread, but: yes, love is an important part of it, for me.

fahim mohammed

Mike, the love and caring of the mother comes through lous and clear. The trust a child has to be loved, protected is reflected in the security of the child with the mother.

These are the most precious moments in life and you have done it justice.

Regards.