• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Where's the genie?

Cem_Usakligil

Now start rubbing and hope for the best ;-)

This is taken in the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul, the oldest and the grandest shopping mall in the world.

5DII, 17-40L @ 31mm, ISO 800, f 6.3, 1/60 sec, handheld. Permission obtained from the shop owner. Direct conversion from raw using Lightroom (applied clarity and vibrance). Sharpening, LCE, re-sizing and output sharpening in PS CS4. C&C is much appreciated.

lamps1.jpg

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Behind you Cem, arms folded, shoulders muscles flexed, ready to serve you!

He's very patient. Just think what you need and he'll read your mind. Don't turn around, he does not like being looked at and will disappear, without even a puff of smoke!. :)

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Behind you Cem, arms folded, shoulders muscles flexed, ready to serve you!

He's very patient. Just think what you need and he'll read your mind. Don't turn around, he does not like being looked at and will disappear, without even a puff of smoke!. :)

Asher
Dear Asher,

This sounds like the Invisible Boy from great 1999 movie called Mystery Men. This guy claims that he can become invisible only and only if nobody is looking at him, LOL!

Thanks for the visible and invisible support you provide here in OPF to all of us.

Cheers,

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Cem

Love it! wonderful colours, just what I needed this grey, dreary, wet morning! Only suggestion I could possibly make would be cropping just a tad off the bottom to remove the top of what looks to be a vase in the bottom RH corner, for some reason it keeps distracting my eye down there, maybe it's just me.

The 5DII's fantastic isn't it!

Have a good day.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem

Love it! wonderful colours, just what I needed this grey, dreary, wet morning! Only suggestion I could possibly make would be cropping just a tad off the bottom to remove the top of what looks to be a vase in the bottom RH corner, for some reason it keeps distracting my eye down there, maybe it's just me.

The 5DII's fantastic isn't it!

Have a good day.
Hi Jan,

Thanks a lot for the kind comments. I haven't really looked at the frame in order to decide whether I should have cropped or not. So you bring up a good question there. Now that I've seen the bottom RH corner vase, I guess I shall crop it as you suggested. Before that, I did not even look at it, go figure ;-).

I am totally awed by the 5DII, it is the best photographic tool I have used to date. Of course, I haven't had the chance to compare it to a D700, D3(x) or a 1DsIII yet but even if I did, I still know that I am going to have a really long-term relationship with this camera; it just does everything right.

Have a nice day, it is awful weather down here since yesterday (i.e. grey, dreary, rainy, with thunderstorms and even more rain after that)....

Cheers,

janet Smith

pro member
I am totally awed by the 5DII, it is the best photographic tool I have used to date. Of course, I haven't had the chance to compare it to a D700, D3(x) or a 1DsIII yet but even if I did, I still know that I am going to have a really long-term relationship with this camera; it just does everything right

Spot on Cem! I feel just the same, when I was in Scotland, it was fantastic being able to take shots hand held in low light, also in a howling gale and they're still pin sharp, I can't tell you how impressed I am with it, I expected to be pleased with it, but the reality is that I could not be more delighted, whatever expectations I had, it has way exceeded them. I thought long and hard about spending such a lot of money, but am absolutely certain that I have done the right thing, and like you expect to keep it for a long time. BTW I'm also delighted with the 24-105 lens I got with it, never changed the lens while I was in Scotland, perfect lens for the job! Nice when something exceeds your expectations isn't it!!

Mike Shimwell

Cem

Great. Lovely colours and very cheery. Please make a nice print for your wall. Oh, I didn't notice the vase, but then that's me...

Mike

Mike Shimwell

Hi Jan,
I am totally awed by the 5DII, it is the best photographic tool I have used to date. Of course, I haven't had the chance to compare it to a D700, D3(x) or a 1DsIII yet but even if I did, I still know that I am going to have a really long-term relationship with this camera; it just does everything right.

As I observed the pther day, my 1Ds3 hasn't replaced the 5D(Mk 1) because it still does a lot of stuff really well. The 24-105 is an excellent match and works well on the 1Ds3 too, but I really like the 5D with the 50 1.4. I suspect it would be nice with the 35 1.4 as well.

Mike