• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Recent Photowalk

David Sommars

No tripod, sorry for any non-sharpness. I'm going back soon with the pod, interesting color and subjects, this is literally right on the water of the port. Fun to adventure there, lots of noises like Godzilla giving birth coming out from undisclosed locations.

3536742048_9ef3eec0e0_o.jpg

3536741672_6b033ba44d_o.jpg

3535925733_35d9531b36_o.jpg

Nice pictures.

Thanks for an inspiration, I have long tried to photograph the cranes of the container port with no success. Perhaps night shots will capture what I see.

Thanks again

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour David
I love these port atmosphere, both day and night, but night lights add a lot!
and yes a tripod is what you need!

What port is that?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi David,

At night the crane structures are the most noticeable forms around the port. during the day, much more noise and visual diversion makes them less imposing. So, yes, the night serves as the best backdrop and also provides the reflections on the dark water bring drama.

Next time, a tripod. Maybe an OPF trip?

Asher

David Sommars

Sounds great !! let me know if anyone wants to go this friday evening or saturday evening. If too close we could plan for the next one. If your queasy about being stopped and questioned by police and security guards think twice, they can get weird, but in a group its a lot better.