• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Where's Bibble 5?

Mark Coons

They just released the second preview version of Bibble 5 with a few more options turned on. Still enough features that are not on yet to make you think it'll be 3rd quarter at best before its ready.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Who here uses Bibble? It is powerful, can do local adjustments and works for Linux, Windows and Mos OS X! The price is right: $199 for the full version and $99 for the lite version.

Seems like a bargain! Or are we all stuck on DXO. Lightroom, Photoshop and Capture One?

Asher

I have it but don't use it. I thought I would end up using it for some things until they update the image processing/anti-aliasing engine in Lightroom. Now I'm pretty satisfied with the flexibility and results from LR.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have it but don't use it. I thought I would end up using it for some things until they update the image processing/anti-aliasing engine in Lightroom. Now I'm pretty satisfied with the flexibility and results from LR.

Ed,

What LR version was that you have issue with?

Asher

LR2 uses a different image processing core (or version as the call it). The anti-aliasing engine in particular was weak when compared with the acuity you could from the same picture in Bibble or the Mfg's software.

Also, the noise processing in Bibble is still tough to beat when coupled with a license of Noise Ninja, but Lightroom 3 has gotten dramatically better there also.

fahim mohammed

I do have Bibble 5.1 lite on my netbook!! Just to upload/download image files, quick conversions and posting to web.
Primarily though to evaluate the images in the field quickly and keep/discard.

Don't ask me what it does, besides this, though.!!