• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dimitri: A Soldiers Story

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

Just finished working on the shot below.

I met Dimitri whilst out shooting in my local town. He used to be a Ukranian soldier, who after almost being killed in South Ossetia, moved to the UK, where he has lived and worked ever since.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3535624163_8568b1863d.jpg

Read about this shot and others as my photoblog:

ImageSpike

janet Smith

pro member
I met Dimitri whilst out shooting in my local town. He used to be a Ukranian soldier, who after almost being killed in South Ossetia, moved to the UK, where he has lived and worked ever since

Hi Matt

Looks like a face with a thousand stories to tell..... superb shot, love the light, everything about it, well done!

Gary Ayala

For me the esential image works, it is wonderful ... but the processing is ... mmmh ... just too obvious ... too ... over the top. My personal tastes for this image would be to have a cleaner and less muddy transition from edge of frame to eyes-nose-mouth. I'd crop some of the hat just to see if that would accentuate the eyes to an even greater degree and add just a touch of contrast (at least on my monitor).

Even with my personal tastes not liking the processing, I still find this image thought provoking and stimulation. Very good job.

Gary

Cem_Usakligil

For me the esential image works, it is wonderful ... but the processing is ... mmmh ... just too obvious ... too ... over the top. My personal tastes for this image would be to have a cleaner and less muddy transition from edge of frame to eyes-nose-mouth. I'd crop some of the hat just to see if that would accentuate the eyes to an even greater degree and add just a touch of contrast (at least on my monitor).

Even with my personal tastes not liking the processing, I still find this image thought provoking and stimulation. Very good job.

Gary
I fully agree with Gary, especially about the processing. Well done indeed.