• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wein Digi Slaves and ETTL

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Will Wein Digi slaves work reliably with ETTL, especially with Wireless ETTL where the flash is firing multi flashes before the real one? Added to that, will these slaves work when there is no preflash, i.e. if I was to be using an Auto flash and not ETTL?

My ebay slaves just don't have the range that I need while I don't want to add more bulk and expense to my system for a bit of background lighting every now and again.

If anyone has real world experience with Wireless/ETTL and the Wein Digi Slaves please tell me what you think!

Thanks,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Ben,

I bought a Wein slave that can be set to ignore preflash.

However it is not good enough for professional work IMHO.

I have had setups that simply refused to work after everything was tested before a shoot.

Maybe I moved one umbrella.

This is using it with the 550EX at close range, 10 ft, high ceiling with or without corners.

Asher

BTW, are you experiencing a delay when trying to post with "Quick Reply"? If so let me know. "go advanced" works fast. I'll check this out further tomorow.

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Thanks Asher, I guess that cheap never does work, I've emailed microsync about availability and possibility of usage in Europe, I'll see what they say.