• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Warning…

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I have discovered during test photoshoots (both with the arTec and Hy6 that using a Sandisk Extreme III card, one can get some corrupted files.
I have contacted Sinar Tech support and they are working now on this to check the veracity of this, in the meantime I would advise you to use Sandisk Extreme IV cards, instead of the Extreme III.

Of course I'll let you know as soon as Sinar can state on the culprit…

nicolas claris

Bonjour Graham

Yes I know, thanks for the link… I'll send it also to Sinar, just in case…

I have no idea if it's a firmware or a card issue, only I can tell is that "avelpavel" has problems with the Extreme III card and an Emotion 54LV back.
I have this issue with an Emotion 75LV… I never had, till now :-(, any problem while using Extreme IV, so I tend to think there is a problem with the III serie or maybe with the formatting of the card…
Anyway I'll let you know as soon as I get some news from Sinar's Tech dept.

nicolas claris

I don't know how long it will take to solve the issue, but one can say that Sinar's Tech people are quite responsive…
After forwarding them yesterday the link to LL (provided here by Graham) at 7:08 pm, I received a reply at 9:54 pm (yes pm!):

Bonjour Nicolas,

Thank you for sending us the link to this post in LLF. We are in touch with this customer that experiences the same problem you have.

Regarding the formating in the Mac and in the PC - according to our R&D there are differences between Mac and PC CF formating.
We are still investigating and want to solve this issue as soon as possible. We are aware that this is very critical.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Best regards

Andreas Schmidt

Hello all,

I know, it's an old thread - but I will have a Hy6 with Sinar 75 for rent on first weekend of February (my Alpha is out for service, so I need something else, not Sony available to rent, so why not trying something completely different...). And I have Lexar Professional and Sandisk Extreme III here in my pocket. Are the problems sorted out? Otherwise there is enough time to get new cards :)

Many thanks,
Andreas

nicolas claris

Hello all,

I know, it's an old thread - but I will have a Hy6 with Sinar 75 for rent on first weekend of February (my Alpha is out for service, so I need something else, not Sony available to rent, so why not trying something completely different...). And I have Lexar Professional and Sandisk Extreme III here in my pocket. Are the problems sorted out? Otherwise there is enough time to get new cards :)

Many thanks,
Andreas

Hi Andreas
long time no talk, he? !
I have not heard from Sinar since Thierry haggenauer left so I can't tell, I would be prudent and use Extreme IV only…
mabe you mau get some info from Sinar in Germany:

Sinar Photography Service
Gänseberg 5
D-22926 Ahrensburg
Telefon: +49 (0) 410 26 78 20-0

If you have any news let's know!

Kind regards
PS was nice meeting BTW, thanks for the visit!

Andreas Schmidt

Hello again,

Sinar is quick - I don't copy as it's German language. But: they don't see any problem in using Sandisk Estreme III.

There was, as I see on website, a firmware update for the backs in autumn last year, so maybe the problem was fixed there?

So let's hope the best for "my" weekend :)

All the best,
Andreas