• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Summer Water

Charlotte Thompson

West light in the spearmint garden-I was so very captured by the light in the water and of course the model-

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0090-2.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Charlotte,

These are very good pictures which convey a lot of fun going on.
I particularly like the numbers 2 and 4. #2 is really precious.

Cheers,

Charlotte Thompson

Cem
thank you! This was a fun series to work on-I especially love that West light and the water was so inviting with the light I thought I might have caught a few cute shots

Charlotte-

Rachel

thank you-just lucky-being right place right time thing and hope some experienceand some knowledge gained

Charlotte-

Cedric

Thank you

Charlotte-

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Charlotte

I do like these, I particularly like the first one and the last one the best, you've got the shutter speed just right to show enough separation in the spray. Also nice to see this little girl from a bit further away than your usual close-up, very well done!

Ken Tanaka

pro member
The 4th image is the strongest in its purity of gesture and the "simpler times" memory it evokes from viewers. It's not quite strong enough to banner a NYT story on "Summer" but it's not far off that mark, either.

While the 2nd image is cute it's only strong as a family memento-style keepsake snap. The girl's gesture is cute but the overall scene is ambiguous. Viewers who don't recall the moment are forced to imagine a wider angle scene.

Nice work, Charlotte.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charlotte,

Ken said some really nice things about this set of pictures and I agree! This goes beyond your family memories.

-I was so very captured by the light in the water and of course the model-
I too like especially this last picture. The water seems so real that one could imagine the pressure of the stream if one would put one's hand there too. It's very much alive and the experience is so basic and primal, man and fresh flowing water and the idea of a child's exploration and fun with it's physical and whimsical nature., the way it's both strong and subject to our will to some extent.

DSC_0102.jpg

Charlotte Thompso West Light in the Spearmint Garden

Good job! I like it when you choose a single subject and a good vantage.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Janet
thank you- summer time is here in Texas and this water spot is the best to be around!

Ken

Thank you- it wasn't hard to see the last shot for sure "spoke volumes" in so many ways but I couldn't be sure if just my judgement at this point in my photography experience was the best so I arranged for a few more to see what others my see-your insight means much for me!

Asher
thank you- agreed around the block the last shot is the "poem" I couldn't be sure so as I told Ken I put a few more up to see what others would say-
I really love your take on that shot because I felt the same shooting them
water and light are basic needs to all things- thank you so much again-

Charlotte-