• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alyssa

Tim Golden

I am new to this forum, we'll actually my first post.

Let me know what you think about these.... I am thick skinned, let me have it.

p166921771-5.jpg

p839855664-5.jpg

p215253145-5.jpg

Tim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tim,

Welcome to OPF! I'm glad that you jumped in with some pictures. First I must say I like your non intrusive and effective use of your defining logo. It is clean and by having both a cursive script and formal capitals gives the combination of creativity and organization.

p166921771-5.jpg

In the first picture, I'd like more detail in the blacks as you have shown in the pictures following. The "Polaroid " dropped on her figure is fun. I'm not sure where you get the texture for her tummy? I don't see skin like that. Maybe it'd like that? The follicles might be prominent. No big deal. I just look at skin closely.

p839855664-5.jpg

In the second picture, I like the fine detail in her hair, but the border of white around her is evident. Is that from retouching or a strong light behind her or what? Still this picture is very attractive and is a high standard. I wonder if you need to blur the skin of her face have you have done. Maybe you had no choice.

p215253145-5.jpg

In the last image, her eyes are not moving in harmony! The left eye is pulled in medially one muscle is lazy! Watch for such squints unless you are painting a new Mona Lisa! She probably can overcome this with concentration.

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Tim Golden

Wow, maybe I found somewhere that actually critiques peoples work!

For the first picture, she had pulled her shirt up some and there was excess folded up and I intentionally darkened that area.

LOL, and the texture on your belly was her skin.... I softened it some, but she was cold, the studio we meet at was extremely cold, but it was here skin, probably not the best for this kinda shot.

#2 is my sloppy PS (white border) Is there a better method. When I want to darken the background some, I create a new layer, then change the blending mode to multiply and then use the eraser tool at different brush sizes and opacities to get what I want, but if I'm not careful, I end up with what you see.

Is the face blurred too much??? Another Method?

#3 good catch.... didn't see that.

BTW, I just do this on the weekend, just a hobby.

Thanks for the Logo comment!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Well then, Tim, you did a fine job!

I do tend to look at skin closely. but that's my background!

Asher

ErikJonas

Banned
Critique

Tim....My problem with these images.....I will never be this good lol!!!...Thats my problem with them....And now i'm off to bed to dream about taking pictures....