• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Here's Chauncey

Bev Sampson

My contribution is my 18 lb. Main Coon, Chauncey.

Hope this works

66744642.jpg

Bev

Don Lashier

Wow Beverly - beautiful example of a pet portrait - simply gorgeous. Everything is right - what was the lighting. Was this planned or "opportunity"?

- DL

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is that a Mutant sheep or a cat with a sheepskin transplant? I'd have liked to have sceen more of that texture draping down from the cat. However, could it be a jacket?

Anyway, I like the portrait. I'd have cropped less and included a little more to the cat's right.

The image is uncluttered and this is a good picture.

Asher

Bev Sampson

Thank you Mary, Don and I think Asher.

The shot was with Canon 550 on a flash bracket. Chauncey was sitting in a kitty perch. The perch is bayed and he is resting his head and front paws on top of the side of the perch bay with his body directly behind his head. The fabric you see is burbur carpeting.

For Asher, I like to get in close and that is the reason the shot is tight.

I am working on cleaning up my pbase files and adding new ones. When I have finished, I will post a link to a lot more photos.

Further, Asher, can you change my ID to Bev Sampson since I prefer it to Beverly Sampson.

Bev

Don Lashier

Beverly Sampson said:
The shot was with Canon 550 on a flash bracket.

Remarkable that you escaped "green eye" (the cat equivalent of red-eye). I guess the bracket was the trick. You just opened up a new range of experimenting for me using my 550 and ST-E2.

- DL