• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Old Iron

Rod Snaith

As requested in another forum...

3653127711_2d695110aa_o.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Straight to this is: an exceptional picture! It has a vertical composition needed to contain the long powerful element on the right and this is balanced by the bright cloud. One rod and one stationary bright spot. That's the main composition. in addition we have diagonals going forward from the base of the picture and thrusting us into a farmer's fields.

The steel on the right is perforated like lace in two layers. The outer reflective steel heat shield is made to be bold and attractive, like a fine dandy with lace. This lone bright figure dominates the right side and with power and flourish. The one soft cloud, so bright white is able to balance this perfectly.

I must say, I find this picture very agreeable and is a remarkable addition to works I would commend.

Asher

Rod Snaith

Again, thanks for the kind words. I ran it through Adobe to sharpen it, but I didn't care for the texture of the grass. However I think I may try to sharpen the gladhands on the trailer, as well as the heat shield as I feel they may be a little soft. If I can convince the light to work for me, I may run the old girl back over beside the pasture and straighten the exhaust pipe up for another round of shots. I never realized that it was crooked until I looked at the photo, lol. I'd also like to get a few full length shots from the front diagonal.

And you're right, Doug. The shield is a single layer, with shadows thrown on the muffler making it look doubled up.

Rod

Last edited: