• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In mourning

Clayton Lofgren

My venerable Sigma 24-135 has stripped the autofocus mechanism. It will still manual focus, but does not feel good.
I have heard that the A700 has a very brusque autofocus drive, and that some of the cheaper Sigma 70-300 lens will not last with it, but had not heard about other models having problems.
Will miss this lens. Fortunately I have a 350 and two lens kit in the mail. Have heard good things about the 55-200, and it should suit my style quite well.

One of the last from the Sigma
e9725485773d40498cf960787cc08dfb.jpg

Clayton Lofgren

Will try get the name for you- the flowers are from a friend's back yard, but I think they are fairly common here. Maybe someone else knows?