• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Painting and Concrete

A pure wild urban signature, put on an old concrete wall... That's way of life in town.

1934f925757977550a709dca9c76ead.jpg

"Painting and Concrete" Cedric Massoulier

Nikon D700 & AF-D 24-50 3.5-4.3
Raw file processed in C1 Pro and PS CS3

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A pure wild urban signature, put on an old concrete wall... That's way of life in town.

1934f925757977550a709dca9c76ead.jpg

"Painting and Concrete" Cedric Massoulier

Cedric,

I'm so sympathetic with the subject. Everything is there: concrete, paint, strcuture and sub-structure. But, my friend, how can this be a sibling to your other children? Why on earth did you not make this absolutely geometrical and take advantage of the structure that it "is"? Is this a snap in passing? Is this near you? Are you dedicated to this seemingly haphazard design and presentation?

It could be that I'm being utterly pedantic, and foolish, asking for something ordered out of this mess. However, what advantage esthetically or politically is there in making the statement with the lens and arrangement tordu?

Unless you have some overriding intent to the contrary, this picture, IMHO, could be improved by carefully setting things square and parallel and taken in enough of each element to build a more formidable compound structure with order from the disarray. That's if this result wan't the materialization of your creative intent!

Of course, like the executioner who asks forgiveness of the king who's head he is about to cut off, I crave your indulgence in my harshness!

Asher

Hi Asher,

"i'll be back"

;)

Regards.

PS : there's not so much haphazard in this comp... Didn't you notice the "T" on the left of the picture, made with horizontal metal bar and vertical concrete ? I thought that this wide-angle composition would be more dynamical than a classical frontal one...

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cedric,

I have resisted the urge to reply yesterday since my feelings are similar to those of Asher. You can take much better pictures than just a snapshot in the passing such as this one. Sorry but I am simply being honest :).

Cheers,

Hi,

Don't hesitate to give your impression, this forum is the place to ! :)

I am just a bit surprised here, as i tried to have a dynamical comp which didn't seem so bad to my eyes...

I will try another thing, this place is near my home.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi,

Don't hesitate to give your impression, this forum is the place to ! :)

I am just a bit surprised here, as i tried to have a dynamical comp which didn't seem so bad to my eyes...

I will try another thing, this place is near my home.
Hi Cedric,

Composition is just one part of a picture, there are more elements that make it a whole. Just because you have a dynamic composition does not make it content wise an interesting/good photograph. Sometimes one has to accept that a picture is just not it and move on to better ones :)

Cheers,