• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Board

A seemly abandonned board, on the front of a school... Interesting to see and read all these old messages... not so old but papers seem to have dozens of years.

8878ed8cabee51faab1256eaaca2bfc.jpg

"The Board" Cedric Massoulier

Nikon D700 & AF-D 24-50 3.3-4.5
Raw file processed in C1 Pro and PS CS3

janet Smith

pro member
A seemly abandonned board, on the front of a school

Hello Cedric

I've come back to look at this shot a few times, it fascinates me - I'm surprised by these tatty old messages being left on the front of a school, normally they would be removed and tidied up, but they and the remnants of all the bits of old sellotape and old paint work have formed into an interesting time trail..... I wonder if the school is closed? If not - it's interesting that they have been left there, not torn down.

I like the tone of this photograph, gentle yet poignant, I think it would also work well in b&W

Hi Janet,

Summer holidays began for some weeks but, yes, this school is still opened and active. It is so surprising they left all these old papers... I agree with your idea, i will try B&W.

Thank you,

Cedric.