• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

token...... an attitude

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Imants,

Once again you present a creative enigma for us to experience. This time there is sound pacing the slides dissolving one to the other. The sounds are basically 3, A long cacophonic call of would be "woodwind and brass", (likely synthesized) rising in tone and falling with some folding of the tones, repeated at intervals and the an percussive noise of like a train going over a seam in the steel track, dah-dem! The 3rd sound is like a human voice, a plaintive melody, singing at the tail of the the sounds of the horns and brass.

This sets the stage for the slides Artouko VII.

Telly_Savalas.jpg

Copyright is owned by MGM/Eon Productions 1969. Talli Savallis Not the picture we're discussing!

I've shown you a picture of the now deceased "TV Detective" Talli Savallis as a place holder for Imant K's art since it is not part of the upload! This is just a dead strong man. Imagine a shadowed version in a prison cell or waiting in a rat infested half flooded railway platform post apocalypse. That's what you might imagine when you visit.

The slides start in sombre black and white with a dark face which gets progressively blocked out until half covered by a tilted world war II German army helmet with a old lantern projector coming from the behind. An eye is seen through the "helmet" blackness. There's a transient transformation to a shadowy white hooded man. It finishes with the dark head against an array of seemingly black and white film negatives on a wall, as if arranged for a test print and below that last face is the word MUTES.

There are more.

This is the hardest to understand if there is a matter to be understood.

I will return to the others. I have enjoyed them all but it is heavy and I need a rest between each slide show. This one I assign no meaning. Sufficient to have had the eerie and discomforting experience.

I need to modify my presumption that art gives higher satisfaction and pleasure or at least admit in the enjoyment of the painful and obscure macabre imagery of Imants K without it being "art"! I must think about wanting to conserve art, since here I've an urge to destroy it, but of course I wouldn't. I'm too religiously protective of creative rights.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Imants

you work has always inspired me- the dark inside-the art you present with the shots-the music all comes along as one whole picture of us all
and most important the "creative process" your work stretches our minds-I would never call it "main stream"
your are so inspiring

"J'admire ainsi votre travail"

Charlotte-