• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nice Rack

Steve Robinson

I participated in a week long nature photography class in Yellowstone in June. Except for falling into Obsidian Creek it was a very cool week. This is one of the images from the class taken with a Pentax K20D and DA*300mm f/4, 1/125 @ f/5.6, ISO 200. C&C always welcome.

584852424_4tyj8-O.jpg

Steve Robinson

Jaime, I'd love to. I'm signed up for a autumn photo class in Yellowstone in Sept from the 27th to the 30th. Other than that I'm free to shoot whenever. It's always nice to shoot with someone else, especially as I have an unfortunate tendency to fall into things, like creeks and stuff. 8~)

Agree with the others - great capture. Love the pose and detail (especially at 1/125 second). Unlucky that the shadow from its ear puts the eye and part of the face in shadow. It's always helpful to watch the eye and the light on it when shooting, and try to capture those moments when it's better lit.

Steve Robinson

Thanks for the replies. Not to make excuses Don, but I never did catch him without the shadow when he was looking my way. He was walking from left to right into the sunset and I never did catch him without the shadow when he was looking my way. Oh well, better luck next time.

Here's another pose with face with out of the shadow.
599273558_tiBVk-O-1.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Not to make excuses Don, but I never did catch him without the shadow when he was looking my way. He was walking from left to right into the sunset and I never did catch him without the shadow when he was looking my way. Oh well, better luck next time.

Here's another pose with face with out of the shadow.

Yeah, that's just the nature of the "beast" in wildlife photography - there is definitely an element of luck regarding things you can't control. It's still a great capture, nonetheless.

Thanks for the additional shot - a majestic creature, with the light a bit more cooperative!