• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

test shoot for up coming car show

As some of you know I have a outside car show to shoot on the 16th of Aug. and thankfully it is only about 10 miles away, these are of my Ford Ranger pickup so nothing fancy right now, just getting the feel for shooting cars.
Please nick pick these and Please be pretty hard.
_MG_0071.jpg

_MG_0072.jpg

_MG_0069.jpg

_MG_0062.jpg

Thank You
Cody

As some of you know I have a outside car show to shoot on the 16th of Aug. and thankfully it is only about 10 miles away, these are of my Ford Ranger pickup so nothing fancy right now, just getting the feel for shooting cars.
Please nick pick these and Please be pretty hard.

Hi Cody,

Either show cars with wheels, or shoot some details. Don't shoot with wheels that are cut in half. Consider what makes a car special, stand out from its competitors, and focus on that.

As you've noticed, it's hard to avoid background clutter. Try to find a position that minimizes that distraction (get low, get high, move left/right), and try to get a less distracting background by using a wider aperture and longer focal lengths (if the other people don't get in the way). You may want to look for some post-processing (PP) tricks to get a background blur where needed. Depending on your PP skills you could even consider shooting one shot in-focus and another out-of-focus, so you can combine them in PP (it'll blur the background you can see through the windows convincingly).

Just some thoughts.
Bart

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Background replacement for shoots in a real busy location!

As you've noticed, it's hard to avoid background clutter. Try to find a position that minimizes that distraction (get low, get high, move left/right), and try to get a less distracting background by using a wider aperture and longer focal lengths (if the other people don't get in the way). You may want to look for some post-processing (PP) tricks to get a background blur where needed. Depending on your PP skills you could even consider shooting one shot in-focus and another out-of-focus, so you can combine them in PP (it'll blur the background you can see through the windows convincingly).

Just some thoughts.
Bart
Bart,

You are so right about needing wheels on a car or else use a detail of something else for the subject! The background clutter cannot be avoided in some otherwise great shots. Here's an idea.

At the time of the shoot, decide the position for the shot. Use a tripod and then take the camera off the tripod or a digicam to photograph carefully where the legs are in reference to details on the road or sidewalk. surprisngly there will always be pain, cracks, a joint, (not one you smoke as someone else might decide the need it, LOL). Then return when the crowds have gone, maybe on a sunday morning early and photograph the wall or street at the same position exactly and line up the view with a print of the original picture. Now you can replace what's missing in your original picture and it will fit. You'll need to adjust the color and brightness.

Asher