• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Bobcat revisited

The big Bob came back to the yard yesterday evening. He was lounging in the damp, cool grass where the sprinklers had been watering not long before. This place must seem like an oasis to them out here in the 110 degree heat. This one and a couple of smaller ones drop by every day or so and just lounge around, grooming themselves, rolling in the grass, and basically doing things that you might see your house cat doing. They are not house cats however and when I went outside yesterday with my camera, this one was sure to let me know just that. He did sit still long enough for 9 shots with my D3 and 200mm lens. I kept inching closer to him with each shot and his gutteral growls got louder and deeper as I did. I stopped about 15 feet away from him, took one more shot and then he jumped over the wall and was gone. I went back inside the house and ten minutes later he was back napping in the grass again.

By the way, my new job is going great and we are extremely busy. That is a really good predicament to be in. I am working anywhere from 10 to 14 hours most every day so there really has not been the time nor the strength to get out and take photos. The cat is helping me out in that regard. Someday soon I still hope to get out and about and shoot some different things. It is so beautiful here that it should not be a problem finding a new subject.

Here is the kitty...

_DSC8598.jpg

_DSC8593.jpg

Eric Diller

Beautiful captures!! What a treat to have such a visitor in your backyard. I have approached one very close as well.....what a feeling that is! TFS!

Eric

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
What a cat!
What would be your wife's cry if that little pet would be found in your bedroom? LoL!
Seriously are they dangerous animals or too scared by humans?

Good photog's reflex!

And thanks for your update about your work, good to hear!

I have no doubt that it is I trespassing on his turf and he is most certainly the master of his domain. He is a good sport and thankfully letting me walk around without trying to eat me. He was back yesterday and really gave me a start when I went outside to mow the lawn. I did not see him at first but when he started growling my hair stood on end and I knew what was what. I slowly retreated back into the house for my camera and he waited around long enough for me to get a few more shots. He has not been around as often lately. It may be because our little dogs are here now from Texas. I have to really keep an eye on them when they go outside. I would hate to see him hopping over the wall with one in his mouth.

James Newman

_DSC8818.jpg

Nice work, James.

I keep thinking of David Letterman, "Here, kitty...kitty...kitty...."

You've been making the most of these unique opportunities!