• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Macro as inspiration

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Every month I send out an image with a bit of attached inspiration - sometimes landscape, sometimes nature and like this month - sometimes macro. They are sendt out to friends, colleagues and clients to be used and shared as computer desktop images.

Here is the link to the whole set of images:
http://www.viewfinderphotography.ca/inspirations

Thanks for looking.

Michael Hauck
www.viewfinderphotography.ca

Hi Michael
posting a link alone without any teaser may bring to an orphan post… luckily, Bart (De Vries) was curious enough to follow your link anr brang your thread back to life!

Next time, post an image together with the link!

Have a very nice day!

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Hello Michael,
Your photography is beautiful. For me, however, the rather preachy quotes ruin the images.

Years ago I used to receive solicitations to purchase motivational posters exactly like your images. Beautiful, utterly non-challenging landscapes and nature scenes with (in this case) quality-control and "team" oriented quotes and slogans. Just the ads drove my nails into the desk.

May I suggest that you re-examine your emotional motives for sending these candy-coated Michael-photograms. The quotations and slogans do not subliminally enhance your images or your image; quite the contrary. Let your beautiful images carry their viewers wherever THEY want to go at that moment, rather than having to endure your "personally selected" quotations.

Michael Hauck

Thanks for the comments.
First, it seems that I am not yet allowed to post images as of yet - don't know if that is because I have not been a member long enough yet or don't have enough posts. I've tried quickly looking at the info pages and haven't found an answer.

Ken, I appreciate you comments and will actually ponder the "preachiness" of my comments. Yes. I admit some of them may be on the preachy side - but I've only had one comment in over a year that made reference to this. As you suggest, I will really examine my motives for the quotes. May I suggest you examine why when quotes are attached to photos that it drives your nails into the desk?? I get the idea of the purity of the image alone - it should not need to have an attached quote - and the beauty of the image alone should be left up to the view to interpret alone.

That being said, the results of what I have been doing for the last year and a bit have brought positive comments, have lead people to chide me when my image does not arrive in the 1st day or two of the month and in more than a handful of cases people have commented that the image with attached quote (preachy or not) has actaully affected their life (or their day) in a significant and positive manner - so much so that they may keep a certain image on their desktop for months at a time.

I'm not bragging here - just passing on some of what has come out of my efforts. My quotes over the last 4-5 months are now quotes from photographers - so in a sense I am trying to be truer to the image if you will in that at least the quotes come from image makers - not these generalized candy coated motivational sayings.

Again, your commments are appreciated and I will take them into consideration. But again, like so many times in life - you can't make everyone happy . . .

Have a great day!!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Michael,

Thanks for the comments.
First, it seems that I am not yet allowed to post images as of yet - don't know if that is because I have not been a member long enough yet or don't have enough posts.
Always possible you don't know how it works - it's hard to find out.

For openers, there is no provision on this forum for it to "host" images that members want to appear in their posts. Rather, those images must be held on some other site. Then, the full URL (including the protocol indicator, "http://") is put in the post between the tags "
".

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Hello Michael,
Fair enough. (And welcome to OPF!)

If your photo messages seem to be effective towards your objectives more power to ya.