• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Untitled Dawn

FortheHealingofMissMienko.jpg

Hello Alain, sorry for the lateness, busy this, busy that. No, the triffids were not my inspiration. I was circumnavigating this Queen Ann's Lace through the viewfinder, looking for a new way to see. I froze when I found the sunrise centered and atop. While that was amusing and all, I knew instinctively that would not be enough, but indeed would be quite 'Hallmark' greeting card-like and dull. But then the tendrils appeared to be like chicks competing for food from a returning parent. I realized they were reaching for the sun, so why not let them have it? Or more to the point, let one of them have it in display of their competitive nature. Plants are at war within root systems for nutrients as well as with their leaves for sunlight. I realized this shot brought that effort to survive up close to a human observer. Of course the parallels of humanity fighting for resources are there as well and beneath it all the lacy play of lovely light. So...my inspiration...any universal theme. I seek to connect as much as I can within one shot.