• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Hombre de Campo

Leonardo Boher

pro member
The title is like "Man from the cuntry side" or something in those lines.

This is a typical man from the country side. He has 78 years old and I saw him while going by car with a friend of mine. We decided to go to the country side/farms, that thing, and we saw this guy drinking some beers. We stopped the car and started talking with this guy. It was quite funy because my friend talked to him like trying to mention he would like to take a photo of him but my friend couldn't figure how to ask him for a pic and he said "Okay, see you later!" HAha... I just thought "noooo, we cannot leave this guy this way!" so I asked him if he would like to be portrayed and without any kind of doubt he said "go ahead!". HAha... It was so simple! So here it's, the man from the farms! (despite the f/1.4).

Unquillo, Córdoba, Argentina.

Enjoy!

29166cc7250789e44243a8a8c605d7f8.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The title is like "Man from the cuntry side" or something in those lines.

This is a typical man from the country side. He has 78 years old and I saw him while going by car with a friend of mine. We decided to go to the country side/farms, that thing, and we saw this guy drinking some beers. We stopped the car and started talking with this guy. It was quite funy because my friend talked to him like trying to mention he would like to take a photo of him but my friend couldn't figure how to ask him for a pic and he said "Okay, see you later!" HAha... I just thought "noooo, we cannot leave this guy this way!" so I asked him if he would like to be portrayed and without any kind of doubt he said "go ahead!". HAha... It was so simple! So here it's, the man from the farms! (despite the f/1.4).

29166cc7250789e44243a8a8c605d7f8.jpg

Leonardo Boher "Man from the cuntry side" Unquillo, Córdoba, Argentina.​

He Leonardo,

I notice you have a Shakespearean spelling of countryside, LOL so I didn't change it.

If you only snapped off one shot, this is fine! I would have like a bit more DOF. What was the speed? It might be that he rotated his head a tad and so softened the imaging of his nose.

I really like the glow behind him and the dimensionality of the shot.

Did you alter the colors, as is you wont!

Asher

Bobby Deal

Love the tone and texture and it really is a really shame about the f/1.4. If only he had a less prominent proboscis I suppose it would not have hampered the DOF so much but even with the circle of softness this image has a great story to tell and just further proves to me that technical perfection is not always prerequisite to success. For me the true perfection in any portrait lies in the emotional connection it makes with the viewer and this one connects on many different levels for me.

Cem_Usakligil

Love the tone and texture and it really is a really shame about the f/1.4. If only he had a less prominent proboscis I suppose it would not have hampered the DOF so much but even with the circle of softness this image has a great story to tell and just further proves to me that technical perfection is not always prerequisite to success. For me the true perfection in any portrait lies in the emotional connection it makes with the viewer and this one connects on many different levels for me.
I agree. This portrait works for me, period. Thanks for showing...

Cheers,