• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Thinking outside the box.

Just need some input on this photo.
I went up to Fort Stevens state park this weekend and had a good time camping.
this picture was a tough one to get and I think I manage to get it on the first shot the best.
they had a split steel door in front of a underground bunker at the old abandoned military base,
Well just having the curiosity to see what was behind this door I needed to see what was behind it. Well they had couple of holes cut out of it so I used them to my advantage.
In the right door they had about a 3" round hole cut out for a chain to lock shut.
Well I was able to fit my lens into part way until it hit the outer shell but still aloud to focus.
Now remember I was holding the camera in my right hand.

Now the left door had a rectangular shape hole cut out of it maybe 6"-8" long by 1.25"-1.75" high hole cut out, Well I could not get my flash to fit into it so I held it my left hand.
Now I do not own any fancy cords to allow my to sync my flash to my camera so I had to use the test fire button to fire my flash and I had to rely on best judgment for focus as it was pure guess.
and this is the end result.
So how does it work for all of you?

1075.jpg

exif data.
Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Image Date: 2009:09:12 14:09:06
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 18.0mm
CCD Width: 4.93mm
Exposure Time: 3.200 s
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO equiv: 200
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual

Sorry for such a long post.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Is there anything wrong with low tech ways?
He Cody,

You wanted to know what's there and you worked out the technical issues well yourself. We need to be adaptable and you did it. Now what was your purpose? To find out what was there?

I use a Canon G10 for working out how to undo bolts that are of unknow location in a machine where I cannot reach things. So it's a great too for this sort of thing. I have one machine with a custom built hysraulic dirvern drive shaft, half under water that no one would fix. I identified serial numbers and been able to work out how the thing was built just by poking the camera into the dark recesses. However, the pictures are just part of documenting the repair parts needed.

If your plan is to get into that tunnel then the picture certainly tells you what's there!

Asher