• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Light

658643630_Z3R3u-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
William,

I enjoy this "light" touch; just right! The dark b.g. makes it also a fit here, discussing flowers with dark backgrounds.

Asher

BTW, can you came it?

Janet Smith: I love it - beautiful, very delicate and yes lovely light

I was fortunate to come upon a rose garden of quiet perfection. I suspect you know the scene: The flowers were posing everywhere, some in familial bunches or seemed an eclectic group of actors, some a bit equidistant and competitive from each other, some in varying degrees of intimacy, and all sharing a pavilion of golden sunlight. These particular roses donned translucent petals of 'Jolly Rancher Red' and their youth filtered the light with angelic poise. I don't know if any camera could capture that, but I was fortunate to gather a reasonable facsimile in this attempt. Janet, thank you for visiting.

~​

Mike Shimwell and Cem Usaklagil: I like the delicacy here, gentle light and petals

Then we all three have something in common. *smiles* Thanks guys, the delicate effect was a wispy tightrope in post processing. But that was the plan all along. Some details: On the 105vr micro, fstop of 6.3 (sweet spot for tender mercies), No VR (VR fades detail), 1/1000th on the shutter to help fade the background, and a simple very straightforward composition: I thought of an endearing child wanting the warmest of hugs.

~​

Asher Kelman: William,

I enjoy this "light" touch; just right! The dark b.g. makes it also a fit here, discussing flowers with dark backgrounds.

BTW, can you came it?

----

Thank you, Mr. Kelman. I am a bit puzzled by these words you wrote, though:BTW, can you came it?

~​

Cedric MASSOULIER:Hi William,

Strong and delicate... maybe a bit more contrast on the edge of petals should reinforce this impression ?

Regards,

Cedric.

Hi Cedric,

Contrast is a harder edge and less detailed. (not to mention translucence suffers as well) The delicate effect will also suffer. The 'strong' that you refer to seems mired between strength of composition and light and some other thinking that you don't quite come across with. It sounds to me as if you are looking for a 'harder (albeit it slightly) texture' vs. actual strength. But I will not attempt further postulation until you clarify. Thank you, sincerely, for stopping by. Debates about photography are fun for me.

~​

Char: Divinity-

there-I have pronounced it the same again!
you have such a way with flowers

Charlotte-

You have the same way with child portraiture. *smiles*

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
William Blackford said:
Thank you, Mr. Kelman. I am a bit puzzled by these words you wrote, though:BTW, can you came it?

Mike,

"BTW, can you came it?" obviously a typo! Should be an "n", of course!

and, Mr.? It's Asher, as you know. Anyway, it's not for me, I'm Brit originally, but not a surgeon, LOL!

Asher