• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Parker's Body Guard

Charlotte Thompson

low light outside-quick shots of a child that absolutely watches out for PARKER-which both boys are the same age and friends=I have been waitng a long time to capture this-his body guard self-

DSC_0012-3.jpg

DSC_0013-4.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel

I thought the first 2 had that sort of mysterious body guard look-"hat over the eyes"
here is a eye shot for you-which I don't think holds the same aura for the bodyguard look

DSC_0004-6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Rachel

I thought the first 2 had that sort of mysterious body guard look-"hat over the eyes"
here is a eye shot for you-which I don't think holds the same aura for the bodyguard look

DSC_0004-6.jpg
Hi Charlotte,

This is a delightful occupation, photographing happy kids. I hope you will show more of him and in color so we can get a better idea of his character right now! We want something more than a snap.

Transforming images such as this to B&W, though, is a big challenge. But first the exposure: 90% of your picture information is darker than the brights and bright greys. This damages picture structure. So, the eyes, which, you must admit, are key to most portraits, show just black to represent both the iris and the black pupil. The cheeks have no texture or evidence of light being used to wrap around, give innocent shading and show it's 3D form.

Likely this was far better in color. Could we see it? How did you make your transformation to B&W. If the original is not lit well, then the B&W derivative can hardly be expected to excel.

Could you give a 100% cutout of the eyes in color. What structure can we see. Focus well with your camera, there should be a forrest or skies or seas of beauty.

As usual, accept my strict response as a measure of respect. It's waste of time saying "lovely kid!" which you know already!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Nicolas

LOL-

Asher

here is the color shot- I still like the bandw better for my own creative reasons- yes this is a snap shot -I just sent it to Rachel because she wanted to see the eyes
"however my intention with the "Feel" for the bodyguard was with the first 2 shots-"
I change original color shots to bandw in my PS work- this was taken actually all shots were taken outside just before dark and even with the flash - so this creation "bodyguard" was mostly to get the feel of such a thing rather than an actual portrait
it is a new idea I am working on- it may not be best but it is an idea worth looking at-a new exploration, if you will

DSC_0004-7.jpg

DSC_0016-10.jpg