• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

La Muchacha Triste

Charlotte Thompson

Title- "The Sad Girl"
taken in very quick clicks-this sad little girl- each expression depicts a fast glimpse just before the final closed eyes resignition of the ultimate "no" you can't do that- from the parents-
crit and comments are welcome

DSC_0003-8.jpg

DSC_0006-7.jpg

DSC_0007-9.jpg

DSC_0008-5.jpg

Hi Charlotte,

Intersting series; I like it.

I have but one comment:
For me, it would have been even more effective if instead of the camera looking down at the child, it had been brought down to her level.

Paul Abbott

You look as though you are at her eye level, Charlotte.

I think you should take #3 image out, then you will have a triptych with the eye placement different in all three. Have you tried processing these images in B&W?

Lovely series Charlotte.

I agree - should be even better in B&W.

Re #3 - I would leave it, as it is clearly part of the story. Actually, I found it interesting to see how the mood of the series changes if #1 and #3 are swapped around.

Charlotte Thompson

Paul

yes I have done one of these in bandw and it looks great- I didnt want a tri but thought instead how interesting it was all the different levels of expression that was caught in just seconds- albeit " a study for me" I did think of the tri though-

Johan
thank you - yes you have it right what I was trying to do- I sent 3 I did in bandw for you and Paul to see-

Charlotte-

DSC_0004-5.jpg

DSC_0002-8.jpg

DSC_0001-5.jpg

Charlotte Thompson

Johann

she was being told she couldn't do something from her parents-
she is a free spirit"
free spirts don't like the word "no" LOL
also she is such a diva- she is very much a part of me" I am complimented by" her-self"

Charlotte-