Open Photography Forums

Open Photography Forums (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Shooting with the Rollei 6008AF and a Sinar eMotion22 and eMotion54 Digital Backs by Graham Mitchell (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Boy with bike (http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12459)

Graham Mitchell September 7th, 2010 12:14 PM

Boy with bike

110mm f2 PQ lens at f2.8

(in the same series as the apple girl)

Doug Kerr September 7th, 2010 12:41 PM

Hi, Graham,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell (Post 102941)
110mm f2 PQ lens at f2.8

http://moskvamodels.com/images/Image065.jpg

Exquisite!

Best regards,

Doug

Mike Shimwell September 8th, 2010 01:04 PM

very very lovely Graham.

Mike

Cedric MASSOULIER September 8th, 2010 01:09 PM

Hi,

I really like light and boy's expression : both serious and deep, very good shot !
Colors are also very well balanced.

Cedric.

Asher Kelman September 8th, 2010 02:13 PM

What a gentleman with those British tailored pants and the Wellngton boots! Can he really ride with them? The lens I guess is about equivalent to an 85mm in 35mm format and still has the more dramatic presentation of that intermediate focal length, a great choice. The lightng gives us very gentle modeling.

The color is beautiful and the composition works well for me with his left arm parallel to the handlebars and his legs reminding us of the triangular form of the frame in which they fit.

Asher

Graham Mitchell September 9th, 2010 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 103006)
and his legs reminding us of the triangular form of the frame in which they fit.

I thought the same thing :)

Sandrine Bascouert September 9th, 2010 04:30 AM

It's very "paul smith" like. Very neat, very smart, very british with the touch of odd (the wellies) and the bike as well :-). It looks that everything the boy, the bike, even the background just comes from the shop...Very nice atmosphere.

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smith-world/history/

Asher Kelman September 9th, 2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrine Bascouert (Post 103024)
It's very "paul smith" like. Very neat, very smart, very british with the touch of odd (the wellies) and the bike as well :-). It looks that everything the boy, the bike, even the background just comes from the shop...Very nice atmosphere.

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smith-world/history/

Sandrine,

There's something about the Brits and their formality and respect of being neat and tidy that's charming. I have never found a picture of a lad like that in the USA where one one would say, "What a young smart gentleman?"

Asher

Sandrine Bascouert September 9th, 2010 09:30 AM

If I dare to watch from my window, I'm not likely to see one...It a cliché vision I guess, but a nice one...

Kathy Rappaport September 9th, 2010 11:46 PM

Stunning

This image is quite stunning. Love the color, crispness and the composition. The expression is priceless. Asher suggested I come and take a peek. Glad I did!

Nigel Allan September 10th, 2010 02:47 AM

There is something quite lovely about this. The colours and tonality are very real. You could almost step into this picture

Jim Galli September 14th, 2010 07:52 PM

A perfect stunner.

Asher Kelman September 15th, 2010 09:12 AM

Graham,

Now we have saluted your work, as it is due in full measure, we, ourselves, deserve more from the shoot or series, LOL!

Asher :)

Graham Mitchell September 15th, 2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 103531)
Graham,

Now we have saluted your work, as it is due in full measure, we, ourselves, deserve more from the shoot or series, LOL!

Asher :)

Unfortunately bad weather is holding up the shoot, and now the leaves are quickly falling off the trees. I am very close to killing the project :(

Sandrine Bascouert September 15th, 2010 10:25 AM

Move away to Brighton, we have a decent weather now for the season, it will nly last 2 or 3 days (I miss Fraaaaaannnnnnnce!) :-)

Asher Kelman September 15th, 2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell (Post 103542)
Unfortunately bad weather is holding up the shoot, and now the leaves are quickly falling off the trees. I am very close to killing the project :(

That will be fine! Just put the bicycle upside down with the leaves in the background and have him adjust the brakes or something, without dirtying his so bespoke trousers!

Asher

Asher Kelman September 15th, 2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrine Bascouert (Post 103545)
Move away to Brighton, we have a decent weather now for the season, it will nly last 2 or 3 days (I miss Fraaaaaannnnnnnce!) :-)

So do I, Sandrine. Will take in a dose of Paris, all being well, in October.

Asher

Asher Kelman July 25th, 2011 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 103006)

This is so archetypically British! Can we have more?

Asher

Graham Mitchell July 25th, 2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asher Kelman (Post 118285)
This is so archetypically British! Can we have more?

Asher

I would love to do more, but as you can read in the newest thread in this forum, I have upgraded camera to a Hy6 with Leaf Aptus II 12 back so any new images don't belong in this forum.

Otto Haring October 2nd, 2012 07:30 PM

I can't see the link or the image.... Can anybody help me?

Jim Galli October 2nd, 2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto Haring (Post 134048)
I can't see the link or the image.... Can anybody help me?

Click on his web site. The boy with bike and girl with apples are on his front page. Striking images! Perhaps Graham has left the room?

Asher Kelman October 2nd, 2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Galli (Post 134063)
Click on his web site. The boy with bike and girl with apples are on his front page. Striking images! Perhaps Graham has left the room?

Thanks Jim,

Link now repaired!

Asher

Maggie Terlecki October 7th, 2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell (Post 102941)
110mm f2 PQ lens at f2.8

I happily stumbled upon this and I have to say how gorgeous it is! Beautiful photograph. Love the composition of the boy's shape mimicking that of the bicycle and how fresh and clean he looks, like it's the first day of school. Really, really like it.
:-)
Maggie

Asher Kelman April 27th, 2013 08:55 PM

Sad that we get blamed!

Real picture was posted by Graham and is one of the best pictures of a boy and his bicycle. This found here.

Asher