• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Good News for RawShooter Premium Users

silica

I posted this earlier in the Pixmantec thread, but I think it got lost amid all the printer profiling comments.

Diane Fields

I had seen it earlier also--and think its probably the best solution I can imagine for RSP owners. I really didn't expect this--so the offer should go a good way in dissipating some of the anger and disappointment. Whether everyone will take advantage of this offer I don't know--but I certainly will.

Diane

There's a second hidden advantage

to the offer. Having a licensed copy of LR V1.0 would entitle an RSP customer to 1.x upgrades and a discount on LR 2.0, at which point some of the new technology is supposed to be flowing into LightRoom. So it's a deal that I certainly won't pass up.

scott

Frank Werner

Hi,

I just even got an email from Adobe explaining me these things. It seems they mailed all registered oweners of RSP. Thats a cool action from Adobe.

I just hope that they will transfer the engine and the Color Profiles to LR / Camera RAW. As the colors from ACR were very bad until CS, CS2 was then better but not comparable with the Magne Nielsen Profiles.

But a good start from Adobe.

Frank

Ray West

I have just had an email from Pixmantec (news No 19) stating that -

Now that we've joined the Adobe family, we must emphasize that RawShooter users also are now Adobe customers, regardless of whether you ever purchase another Adobe product. Your satisfaction matters to us. Specifically, Adobe will do the following:

Offer a free download version of Lightroom 1.0 for customers who bought RawShooter | premium prior to July 12th 2006, 12 noon European Standard Time. Given that Lightroom 1.0 will serve a much broader range of functionality and will be priced at a higher price point than RawShooter | premium, we believe this represents a great value for our customers.

Adobe will investigate to what extent your image corrections made within RawShooter can be transferred to Lightroom.

We will deliver support for Canon EOS 30D In RawShooter | essentials this summer.

So I guess thats sorted, then

Bet wishes,

Ray

Daniel Harrison

pro member
I for one am very pleased with how this has worked out, and I believe as a RSp owner that it is more than fair. I really love RSP and the workflow it offers but I think lightroom will suit me better. I find that having a catalouging system included will be invaluable, and to make lightroom perfect they just need to add some pixmantec workflow to the mix :) Now when will they release the windows beta!!!! :)

Daniel Harrison said:
I for one am very pleased with how this has worked out, and I believe as a RSp owner that it is more than fair. I really love RSP and the workflow it offers but I think lightroom will suit me better. I find that having a catalouging system included will be invaluable, and to make lightroom perfect they just need to add some pixmantec workflow to the mix :) Now when will they release the windows beta!!!! :)
As far as I can tell, all it has are "Shoots" , "Collections", and keywords. It doesn't seem to have a true hierarchical, user defined catalog. I hope I'm wrong.

Daniel Harrison

pro member
Winston said:
As far as I can tell, all it has are "Shoots" , "Collections", and keywords. It doesn't seem to have a true hierarchical, user defined catalog. I hope I'm wrong.

I also hope so :) All I want is the ability to keyword and find my pictures easily and be able to back that information up. It should also atach the keyword to a file itself and not just a location which will often change. I currently use portfolio, but it is not a great workflow.

Michael Tapes

OPF Administrator/Moderator
Winston said:

A photo belongs to one and only one shoot. Not necessarily tied to its location. So a shoot can have files from multiple locations. A collection can have photos from 1 or more shoots, and a photo can belong to 0 to any number of collections. So this is quite versatile. The keywords can filter through the library almost instantly to find whatever you want. And Shoots and collections and keywords can be hierarchal. Right now the boolean logic and filtering by shoot or collection is not ideal (all filters wok on the entire library), but this is said to be subject to enhancement in the future.

All I want is the ability to keyword and find my pictures easily and be able to back that information up. It should also attach the keyword to a file itself and not just a location which will often change. I currently use portfolio, but it is not a great workflow.

The keywords are currently stored in the database and also in an XMP sidecar if you wish. You can export to DNG if you want all of the info, adjustment, and meta-data which includes keywords, all in one file. So in the end, I believe that LR will offer us a very good solution for DAM and workflow.

Ray West

A very intersting area of study - storage, in general, - concepts, not necessarily implementation. However, just as interesting is retrieval. Not all methods scale well.

Best wishes,

Ray

OK, I didn't add much to the thread, but try thinking of your ideal system, and what is involved, then see if it is what everybody else wants. Its a wonder that anything works....