• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Challenge: Eros Blindfolding Beauty: Optimize this!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tom Yi has been active in the Huntington Library gardens.

This is the first of two RAW images he has submitted for us to develop and optimize into an image by what ever means you choose, but give a mention of the why and how of what you do!

Please email (via the CONTACT form on the front) or PM me for file. I will send it to you ASAP.

Add © Tom Yi 2006 on the final image. Vertical is 800 pixels for posting as a .jpg.

This image is provided exclusively for editing and reposting here and no other use is permitted.

Just for you to identify the image, here's Tom's small B&W jpg

87778499-M.jpg

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Note you can PM or email me for the file!

email is w84u at mac.com I'll add here list of those already mailed:

Eric Hyman, Richard McNeil, Sean DeMerchant, David Bostock, Brian Lowe

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

Roger Lambert

Tom Yi said:
Hey,
What's taking so long???
:)

Tom, I'm afraid I really must take the lion's share of the blame for the late entries. :(

I've received a number of private messages from members who say that they are miffed that they have not received their fabulous entry gifts from me for their participation in the original HDR tonemapping contest of the stone wall in the countryside.

I guess it is because it was quite an attractive package - the new RWS Two-Legged MiniTripod, a RiTech 62K CF card, a 49mm Quantaray linear polarizer, seven lens tissues used by by none other than Henri Cartier-Bresson, two Revlon "Hard-as-Nails" Leopard Skin Peel-and-Stick Lens Cover Covers, and a photocopy of my personal photocopy of the March 2003 PC Magazine's Guide to Pocket Digital Cameras.

I'm having toner cartridge problems with the copier, but should have things well along the way shortly. Please accept my apologies, and bear with me, everybody.

Asher Kelman

I looked around for gifts! There's been a rush on the giveaways!

We're down to just 2 V.S, models, so there's not much we can do, I'm afraid! I need them both!

Asher

Brian Lowe

Tom Here is my version

Here is what I did,

Ran it through LightRoom and brightened and saturated the colors about 5min.
Then transferred it to PS ran two actions Gothic Glow and Midnight sepia, two clicks 30sec.
Burned the faces a little and added some stars another 5min.

Brian

Photo by Tom Yi
88253420-O-1.jpg

Brian Lowe

Asher Kelman said:
Brian,

I'm concerned about the glint in Eros' eye! What is he thinking!

Asher

"What is he thinking!"
Once I get this blindfold on my beauty I am going to grab both of them, Eros ain't no dummy a little devil, yes.......

Asher Kelman

I made versions of the RAW file for the marble, roof and trees, layered them in CS2, selected the sculpture and blended to taste to get real stone look and Beauty's face lit with a smile. Curve for cotrast but not sharpened.

Marble Beauty and Eros.jpg

Photo © Tom Yi

and a second file with multiplying various layers until I got the effect I wanted. Made two layers, blurred the top one and did some blending.

0455AK In The Dark.jpg

Total time 8.4 seconds :) Yes, Tom, it is your photograph! I love it!

Asher

Last edited:

Don Lashier

My interpretation. Three C1 raw conversions, layered, masked, haven't played with WB yet.
edit: I see I have a little masking fubar there, I admit it, I hand tuned the masks (somewhat sloppily).
img_0455-1comp-web1.jpg

- DL

Last edited:

Diane Fields

I'm enjoying these. Sorry I can't participate. I'm viewing on an older laptop (main is at my computer guys having a 'tuneup') hooked to my main monitor but can't set resolution correctly for it and also don't have all my 'tools' on the laptop (including my very needed Wacom--and my little portable Wacom is hooked to my husband's--and he won't share LOL).

Diane