• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Session timeout too short

KrisCarnmarker

It just happened again, I typed a long response, hit submit and was asked to login, after which I lost the authored text. I usually remember to copy the text to the clipboard, or open a second window which I refresh, but I forgot this time.

Could we maybe increase the session timeout so that I have time to compose a reasonably long response?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Kris,

I wonder whether I caused that?

I'll change the edit settings to from 20 minutes to 45 minutes. However, that shouldn't be the reason! I see if I can find any other cause.

Asher!

KrisCarnmarker

Asher, from your response I agree that there must be something else causing this, because I am fairly certain that I did not spend more than 20 mins composing the message. If I remember next time, I'll try to keep track of how much time went by.

Regardless of the reason, I think the forum software should be able to handle it.

Kris,

Do you have cookies enabled? Is there a remember be check box when you log in? If so, did you check it?

I have only logged into this site 2 or 3 times since joining so I suspect that may be the issue.

enjoy,

Sean

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Guys,

Unless there's a firm discovery of an issue, it would be better not to screw around with a perfectly stable window (cross you finger, spit three times, depending on your religious prefernces).

Asher