View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Seltzer View Post
Cem, thank you. I hadn't really noticed the Headline field before, and certainly wouldn't have thought that was the place for the image title. Nor that Title ought to hold the original (or root) image name. Why not Original Filename for that?
Hi Michael,

As I wrote in my second post, I use the title field for the unique name of the original image. For example, my camera raw file is called IMG_1234.CR2. I rename it to a01234.cr2 during ingestion. Then the title field contains: a01234. If I create a derivative called a01234_master_bw.tif later, this derivative file's title field is still a01234, to reference back to the original raw file. I hope this makes sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Seltzer View Post
...BTW, anybody heard any rumors as to whether Adobe plans to ever add more robust file naming abilities? I love LR most of the time, but there are some very basic image management tasks that are not only absent, but that using LR actually hinders.
Well, there have always been rumors but I am afraid this all will turn out to be wishful thinking. I don't see any signs in the beta of LR 3 to indicate for that, except for the better ingestion module. We'll see in a few months.

Cheers,

flickr
website