• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

misc and posting images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey Moore

The look and feel of this site is ok, but I think it would be improved with the availability to change color schemes to a neutral light grey background with a corresponding visible font color.

I think the med-light grey background would help where images are displayed.

I have posted a couple of shots using links to my flickr account. Process went very smooth. Do you prefer automatic display in the thread, or clicking a link to display ?

automatic display:

147131866_23a99cbbb0.jpg

Link:

http://static.flickr.com/54/140114056_f99928f5e0_o.jpg

Either one is simple to do here.

harvey

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Bonjour Harvey
as to color of text, you may change of tyle
thru http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/index.php
down below the page on left hand and get a "NC Black text" style.

As to the background color it has been set in light blue/grey to have some rest for the eyes of those who are staying long times within our forum. Peace for them! :)))

One of the next room in the house should be a portfolio for those who whish to, keeping the possibility to post an image in a thread for explaining or demonstrating a technic or advice only. Otherwise pages will be really too long to download for our readers that do not have a large band connection.

Hope you understand

Beautifull image by the way!

Harvey Moore

Thanks for the complement Nicolas

I agree with you re posting images in the technical rooms. I think an area titled landscape, glamor, etc implies "Post an Image".

Maybe presentation areas can be put under a heading like "Presentation Rooms"

btw, I have never seen the use of "Rooms" in this context, it is very descriptive and I like it.

harvey

nicolas claris

openphotographyforums is our home, you can't guess how many times Asher K., Michael T. and myself have spent to set-up this forum after the public disparition of....
Now we're quite busy repairing many little leaks at different windows or from the roof...
Then the term of room came quite unconsciously to me!

Let'us some time to prepare the future rooms, however all comments and even complaints are very encouraging; it means than many of members foresee longtime in there, well do our best to make it comfortable.

James Masi

hgmoore said:
I have posted a couple of shots using links to my flickr account. Process went very smooth. Do you prefer automatic display in the thread, or clicking a link to display ?

I prefer automatic display, however there probably should be a limit to the size of the images displayed in line -- either by not displaying images that are too large, or by automatically reducing their size. Displaying them in thde thread is much more convenient, less of a hassle, and faster.

nicolas claris

Let Biogons be Biogons said:
I prefer automatic display, however there probably should be a limit to the size of the images displayed in line -- either by not displaying images that are too large, or by automatically reducing their size. Displaying them in thde thread is much more convenient, less of a hassle, and faster.
Certainly but it slows down seriously the page to download for those without a DSL line...
If you can post small image (400 px wide - no more that 100kb) with automatic display this is fine, otherwise please place a link with an external URL to be seen in a new page.

Thank you very much for your understanding. Another kind of good behavior towards others... :)

James Masi

Nicolas Claris said:
Certainly but it slows down seriously the page to download for those without a DSL line...
If you can post small image (400 px wide - no more that 100kb) with automatic display this is fine, otherwise please place a link with an external URL to be seen in a new page.

Thank you very much for your understanding. Another kind of good behavior towards others... :)

Sure but the vast majority of general public have broadband connections these days. Plus, if you are photographer how could be be without broadband DLS/cable? They probably got that before they got their new DSLR. I think you might be hard pressed to find a current day photography enthusiast without a broadband connection, much less a professional who probably requires it for business.

Automatic display works fine in the forums at fredmiranda.com. It is freely used there and I haven't heard of any complaints.

nicolas claris

Let Biogons be Biogons said:
Plus, if you are photographer how could be be without broadband DLS/cable?
Of course, I have 2 of them, but when I'm far from home, in a hotel in "the middle of nowhere" I'm quite happy if I can hook my Powerbook with its modem to a slooooooow 56Kb connection.
I also know plenty places where DSL/cable just doesn't exist.
We, leaving in big cyties or towns, cannot imagine how much we're privileged...

By the way, sorry for my ignorance, but as a French fellow I do not know what are Biogons... :-o

Tony Field

If images are posted, it would be very advantageous to have a darker background such as RGB 60,60,60. Even on the front page, this would make the intro image much nicer to view.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Tony Field said:
If images are posted, it would be very advantageous to have a darker background such as RGB 60,60,60. Even on the front page, this would make the intro image much nicer to view.

Hi Tony,

I went over this issue of the backgound color with several curators. Generally, except in special installations, art is shown on a white bacground.

However, with certain screens, it may be that particular images look better with a generous mid grey or even black border. That can simply be added to your image. You have control over tone and hue.

We take all suggestions and put them in the pot for any future rework of the interface. We have had great feedback!

After June 7th, we'll close this particular room," OPF, Look Feel and Vibe"! So any new ideas are welcome until then here and then afterwards from the front page.

Asher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.