• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film Curve in C1 pro

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi
I had ot rework on an old file, so I opened it with the latest C1 (unfortunately not V4) and as a surprise this file had been previously worked with "Film outdoor" film curve.
It worked quite nicely on this particular file.

I guess it was from a previous version of C1, but where can I get it and load it in order to be able to use it with C1 3.7.7?

I'm on Mac, V 10.4.10…

Thanks for any infos/tip on this!

Mike Bailey

pro member
Nicolas,

Under Windows, these curves are all installed in ..\Phase OneCapture One PRO\Preferences, so I'd guess something similar on the MAC? I see I have a "Filmoutdoor" curve file that's dated 11/17/2003, so that sure does go back to a long-ago version, and is probably the curve file you're referring to. It's a really small binary file only 234 bytes in size.

Mike

Mike Bailey

pro member
Since yesterday I recall that some time ago I had read a discussion about a simple utility to convert curves from previous versions so that they'd be compatible and/or recognized by more recent versions of C1. I don't know if that happened, but it might be another piece of the puzzle to figure out how to use an older curve short of reinstalling the version that the curve came out with.

nicolas claris

Since yesterday I recall that some time ago I had read a discussion about a simple utility to convert curves from previous versions so that they'd be compatible and/or recognized by more recent versions of C1. I don't know if that happened, but it might be another piece of the puzzle to figure out how to use an older curve short of reinstalling the version that the curve came out with.

Thanks for both message Mike
I did already made a research in different places on HD but couldn't find it, but it must lie somewhere as it works on the old file, what is funny is that I cannot "call" it when I load any other file that were not previously treated with that curve…

Have a nice Sunday

nicolas claris

Almost got it!

crtl click on application, then choose "open Pack" or something similar (in French "ouvrir le paquet")

Then it' there:
Contents/Resources/Film Curves/Film outdoor.fcrv

But how can I have it choosable in C1 curve tab?

It is available as it 's there IF it had been chosen a while ago…