View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2009, 08:41 PM

Default SpectraView - New Version (1.1.00 Build 090114)

If I read the build number right, it looks like the new software was released on January 14, 2009.

Andrew Rodney mentioned there was a new version of the SpectraView software so I downloaded it and re-calibrated my NEC 2490.

I found that some options have been added and some removed. I list these after the screenshot.

LATEST POST-CALIBRATION SUMMARY

I'm still not perfectly happy with the 344:1 contrast ratio. In the software, you can choose between better grayscale color tracking or a target contrast ratio. In other words when you choose a specific target contrast ratio, "better grayscale color tracking" is not used, even if its checked. From what I've gathered, it seems that many of those with more experience than me choose "better grayscale color tracking" over a target contrast ratio and live with the resulting contrast ratio?

PREFERENCE SCREEN CHANGES

Whereas the options were all on one screen, they have been broke out into separate tabs and each option is now given a much more thorough explanation. This should be a much more novice-friendly screen as a result. Here is a listing of changes on the screen:

REMOVED OPTION: For the Calibration and Profile steps, the "256" option has been eliminated.

CHANGED NAME: "Average low light measurements" changed to "Average low luminance measurements"

ADDED FEATURE: Extended luminance stabilization time

ADDED OPTION: Under the feature for setting the source of primary color chromaticites for the ICC Profile, the "Automatic" option was added. From my understanding, the sensors measurements are used unless the system detects a standard gamut sensor being used on a wide gamut display, in which case, it will use factory production measurements for your monitor.

If would love it if anyone could speak to whether they use "better grayscale color tracking" or a target contrast ratio. Also, does anyone use the "auto-luminance" feature?