• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Jeff D from Boston MA

Jeff Donovan

I stepped up my camera a bit recently, from a Kodak CF6445 to a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ30. I am spending this fall in Japan and will be doing a lot of traveling, so I wanted a camera that was more versatile.

As of right now I bought an extra battery and some filters (UV, polarizer, rose) and plan to add a flash as well as a wide angle and telephoto converter before I make the trip.

I'm also in the market for a waterproof bag/backpack if anyone can recommend one.

I hope to use the forums to gain some insights into how to take good pictures and master the manual settings of the camera. I also plan to ask some stupid questions about Photoshop and how to process photos.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jeff,

The "handle" is not allowed!

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46

You will understand why when you read that thread.

Now that's behind us, don't worry about the weather, if its overcast that's great for portraits.

Set yourself up in a doorway or under an overhang if it's raining and capture laughing running kids or miserable and everything in between.

Good luck and welcome,

Asher

Asher Kelman

...............an email to Michael Tapes.

He is the "Palace Guard" of the registration process.

Nicolas Claris, the designer of the front end and the look of the forums is right now collapsed, asleep or still working back to back. If it is sunset where he is, most likely, even now, chasing a $20,000,000 yacht to photograph her maiden test run for posterity. One hand holds the camera, the other ensures he is not thrown off the chase helicopter or chase boat.

So, you can imagine, MT has to do things back in Florida by himself!

Asher

Last edited:

Jeff Donovan

Asher,

I saw that thread after I created my handle. I will email Michael and have him change it to my name.

It's nice and sunny today. I'm going to go for a run then walk around the neighborhood practicing.

Is there a thread where some basic photography books/resources are suggested? I'd love to have a ready resource available to me that can help me learn the basics and build from there.

I also started a thread in "digicams" on my camera, which I think is what the intent of that forum is.

Asher Kelman

Hi Jeff,

I have a whole lot of stuff coming up. The document workflow is being ironed out. Then you will see a lot of new material you are requesting.

Also the details of the celebratory gifts that are being awarded (for some of the well-written summaries of topics with annotations and analysis), I stamp as meta.editorials™.

I'll have your request high on my list.

Asher