View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2012, 08:57 AM
OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hampton View Post
[COLOR="DimGray"]2 panels of a four panel work. this is the union Manifest destiny section. i have used some symbols that are ancient and also modern - meanings have been stacked on these from many cultures. some good and some bad.

the culture i have grown up in practiced and still does manifest destiny
Mark,

"Britannia Rule The Waves" (turn up the sound), immediately popped up when I saw these pictures, then gradually spread of this genetic influence in all the subsequent progeny.

[Extract Right Panel]manifest.destiny - M Hampton

Epson CN21NF lazer print on Logic Image 80/mg paper with church candle wax scanned - 40/40 images

[/I]

The art in layers is excellent as a concept and well executed. Your explanation is generous and a gesture that I really appreciate as I can get far closer to your intent and mindset, than trying to read it on my own and totally up to my own devices. Still, even with your explanation, I can use your work as a "muse" for my dreamy times. So it works on many levels.

The guide you provide, (through your brief introductions), is indicative[/I] but not compulsory; kudos for not being slavish to "Art must speak for itself"!

Thanks for sharing,

Asher

Our purpose is getting to an impressive photograph. So we encourage browsing and then feedback. Consider a link to your galleries annotated, C&C welcomed. Images posted within OPF are assumed to be for Comment & Critique, unless otherwise designated.