• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

60 feet Tripod, no joke

Greetings,

if anyone can point me to portable 60 feet (17 meters) tripod systems that:

1. Can be reduced to a package of round about 2 meters
2. Is not too heavy to be packed on the roof of a jeep (Honda CRV)
3. Can be operated from the ground (Laptop or similiar ways)
4. Ideally comes with a motorised Panohead (horizontal and vertical)

I'd be most grateful for your advice.

I located a system in germany, but find it too dear for whats on offer, then again, so far I really can not compare it.

Hmmm..... just found another one, also in Germany otherwise I would have posted the link.

Complete System goes for Euro 6K, comprising the tripod (15meters), motorised Panohead, horizontal and vertical, remotecontrol with 6" zoomable control monitor.

I think... I think... I think.... ;)

Birds eye landscapes without the helicopter.... hmmm

My line of thinking is this, not only can I use it for my landscape endeavours, but I could offer my service to the more upmarket estate agents, you know the 1 million plus properties, to generate an instant bread and butter business.

LOL.... I am researching this all day more or less, and I ended up where Michael?... In Switzerland of course and a Modell Helicopter with a gyroscopic device attached carrying a camera....

Mindblowing!
:)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Where are the references to the equipment in English, LOL!

Various small 18 inches or so photographic helicopters are available for rent in the USA. I'm not sure how expensive they are. Large ones are only for the FBI and police!

sher

Michael Fontana

pro member
Good morning, Bear

did you ever thought about a kite
icon10.gif

No joke!

Scott is having even some QTVRs

Need some idea's

It's much cheaper, it starts with 90 $.....

Have fun

I spoke with the owner of the Helicopter system for an hour yesterday, in deed, it is most fascinating!

The biggest hurdle is to learn flying this thing. This is no easy task by any standards!

Cem_Usakligil

Georg my friend,

Please know that I am writing this with the best intentions in mind and as a good friend of yours :). Having read about your various investment plans in the past weeks (e.g. pneumatic mat cutters, 60 ft. tripods, etc), I have started to wonder whether you are not getting a little bit ahead of yourself. I mean, you have a business to build and you must watch your costs very closely and the cash flow even more. So I hope that you have a sound business plan (one which is not over-optimistic) to justify these costs. I know that some may call them investments, but it is not always the truth. An investment that does not pay off soon will eventually become an ugly write-off in your books (and in your bank account). I hope you don't get me wrong for expressing my worries :).

Best regards,

Cem
(who has been there before)

:)

Awww, this is so nice of you in deed Cem!

Don't worry, I have been around the block a few times myself, and yes, you are exactly right, this is all down to a sound business plan, which I am working on in deed since the better part of 12 weeks, and it is in it's final stages.

You are 100% right to put up your red flags on the points you made. Crucial for any business is something most do not like to deal with, and this is worse than the weatherforcast in Ireland, it is called salesforcast as you well know.

I am operating on a multitude of revenuestreams, and I could tell you that for example... but then again, I'd have to kill you. ;)

However, I would say that I even have it a wee bit more difficult than the average startup, as I allocate substantial chunks of profit towards charities upfront.

And again, you are right, cash flow is king (in some respect), and as a general rule of thumb for anyone here reading that, you have to create a business plan that is achievable and still makes sense to borrow against a certain sum if required.

In other words, make it S M A R T:

S pecific
M easurable
A ttractive
R ealistic
T ime limited

If you go ahead and have this as your common guideline, you are on the right track.

However, as correct Cem's kind warnings are, there is a different side as well, you will fail if you underfinance your business requirements, that is written in stone as well, so my best advice I can give in that public context hereis this be SMART!

Thanks my friend!! :)
(Have the T-Shirt, got that cap)

P.S. One more word of general advice for the reading people here who might consider themselves to start a business of any kind, you might have heard that before, but I really can not overstress the importance if it!

The people influencing and surrounding your closest circle, they are the most important factor for your success, taking a good and sound business plan as granted, it is them who enable this plan to be executed swiftly, the best plans, well, they are only plans, they need execution, and this is where many fail due to the fact that they surrounded themselves with the wrong people.

P.P.S.

Actually, now that I started to give some advice based on my own experience, I feel bad that it is only that little advice. LOL ;)

So here is another one, do have a contingency plan at all times, at minimum one, better two!

(Taking conusltant hat and leaving room, no more of that, did that for too long! .... outa here....)

Georg my friend,

Please know that I am writing this with the best intentions in mind and as a good friend of yours :)

Last edited:
Georg, the A stands for Achievable :), according to Drucker anyway!

You are talking to me, not to Peter, and I say A-ttractive!

However:
and as a general rule of thumb for anyone here reading that, you have to create a business plan that is achievable

P.S. John, if you are interested in the matter, read that if you have not done so already:

Miyamoto Musashi:
Book of Five Rings

and while you are at it,

Sun Tzu
The Art Of War

Now I am really outa here :)

........*poof*

John_Nevill

Georg,

Now there's some classic text!

Does you business plan include invading parts of Asia with a battalion of females?

If so, can I be your Apprentice, Mr Sugar?

It is easier to raise the camera and remote control it tethered so that you don't need the "tripod" to deal with the weigh of the photographer.

So it would be more like a long pole as in the German photographers site.

The other way to do it could be with a balloon, tethered to Earth and this you could walk with it while doing a video. I think that this method was used in American civil war? for intelligence photography?

so, google balloon photography and you get ...

http://activetectonics.asu.edu/kites/balloon.html

http://www.modelballoon.com/aerial.html

Funny you mention this, Crittercams fascinated me since I heard about them the first time.

If I had the skills that Pedro has, training predator birds, I would be most definately into that.

I was pondering how to get a shot from Pedro's predators in flight from a high tripod, but my main worry would be that he goes after the tripod/cam itself. Now explain that to your insurance, " sorry, but an eagle attacked my camera." ;)