• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The lovely symmetry revealed

Doug Kerr

Well, recent dialog elsewhere on this forum has allowed me to finally analyze a baffling phenomenon as being a lovely symmetry. The two halves are:

1. People don't comment on what I write.

2. People disagree with me over things I didn't write.

We'll pause for a brief dramatic reading:

"I'll have the ham and cheese on rye please, but leave off the mayonnaise."

"I'm sorry sir, but we're out of mayonnaise today. Could I leave off mustard instead?"

Now, I invite comment on this:

"Although the Moon is smaller than the Earth, it is farther away."

Their will be no prize for the best critique. But extra credit will be given to those who seem to have read it before commenting.

Shane Carter

Hey Doug...it is all just part of discussion forums and converastions in general...it happens on all forums and in all aspects of life. Ask a politician a question and they answer the question you should have asked. Have a long thread going with many people involved, people start talking over each other...just like in a room full of people in the flesh. Start talking with any human being and in five minutes, the subject has totally changed. Don't take is personally or it will drive you nuts. :)

For example, you did not ask for comment on the first two points or the little dialogue...only on the moon bit...but I find the first two issues far more interesting so that is what I will comment on...specifially, what interests me. :) And I'm just like everyone else...hence the ongoing nature of the complaint.

And I prefer mustard on my moon sandwiches...

Doug Kerr

Hi, Shane,

Well said.

And I prefer mustard on my moon sandwiches...

A good choice for you, I'm sure. Now as for me, a sandwich with mustard on it would kill me.

So listen, if there were saloons on Mars, would they have to close on Christmas?

Best regards,

Doug

Shane Carter

Hi, Shane,

Well said.

A good choice for you, I'm sure. Now as for me, a sandwich with mustard on it would kill me.

So listen, if there were saloons on Mars, would they have to close on Christmas?

Best regards,

Doug

:) Only if they were Christians I guess... ;)

No mustard! How about on a hotdog!?!