• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Patrick Kelly

patrickt

I am a retired American living in Oaxaca, Mexico. I was very involved in photography back in the early 60's with a darkroom, an Exacta, and time to enjoy both. Then I got married, had kids, had a career, and it faded. When I quit working I got another camera. When I moved to Oaxaca, seven years ago, I had a Pentax SLR but gradually moved to digital and now I have the Pentax IstD. My camera is with me every time I leave home and I take pictures on the streets around Oaxaca and in the villages outside of town. While I do post-processing, of course, my real pleasure is in the taking of pictures.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
patrickt said:
I am a retired American living in Oaxaca, Mexico. I was very involved in photography back in the early 60's with a darkroom, an Exacta, and time to enjoy both. Then I got married, had kids, had a career, and it faded. When I quit working I got another camera. When I moved to Oaxaca, seven years ago, I had a Pentax SLR but gradually moved to digital and now I have the Pentax IstD. My camera is with me every time I leave home and I take pictures on the streets around Oaxaca and in the villages outside of town. While I do post-processing, of course, my real pleasure is in the taking of pictures.

Welcome, Patrick,

Well you have the offsprimg of my wonderful Pentax Spotmatic! I thought it was the best camera in the universe. A 50 mm lens allowed mt to do portraits and mountains, groups of people and the arms of peoplec with leprosy. This was my treasured possession. I still have it. and because of your post, I'm taking it today to a Russian camera repair man to have it cleaned and check out and will use it again!

Your New Pentax. I'd love you to post on it in the appropriate forum and educate us about it! Maybe also work on an article with pictures of your locale?

So welcome.

Look forward to seeing your posts and pictures on the forum.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Another style available

Now when you log in or when you get back to http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/index.php at the bottom of the page, on the left, you may change of style, if you choose the well named "NC Black text" you'll get.... black text!

If you edit your option (Quick link menu) you may set this choice permanent untill you want to revert.

Hope being of good service to you all!