• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Beware of the Sheep

Matt Halstead

Hi guys,

Recently went away to the Lake District in the UK. Here is one of the shots from the trip.

More to follow in due course...

2815155794_45a9682a32.jpg

Bigger version here

Comments and critique would be appreciated!

Read about this shot and others at my Photoblog:

Imagespike

Rhys Sage

pro member
Now that's one of the new anti-paedophile measures the British government recently introduced. They recently discovered paedophiles look for road signs showing children which are commonly posted outside play areas and schools. Thus instead of having signs outside schools with pictures of children on them they put signs in the countryside with pictures of sheep on them in the hope paedophiles would head out into the countryside. Unfortunately it has led to a lot of Londoners holidaying in Yorkshire etc and the subsequent knock-on effect has led to English lamb being withdrawn from sale due to contamination. This has, however, boosted the Welsh and Scottish economies as both Wales and Scotland now have 24 hour armed guards over their flocks of sheep. Moves are now afoot to issue day visas to Englishmen crossing the Severn bridge in order to reduce the likleyhood of Welsh sheep getting contaminated. I believe the Scottish Highlanders have now been deployed on Hadrian's wall to reduce the flow of Englishmen across their border too.

doug anderson

Nice clouds. And the plant fronds below seem to mirror the approaching storm. Are they moving in the wind? They look like it.

The sign may keep away pedophiles, but it will attract those who have a prurient interest in sheep.

Or did someone just say that?

Rhys Sage

pro member
lol...no problemo! Thanks for the feedback, do i assume correctly that you're a bit of a taff!?

You do indeed. Born in Cardiff, raised in Wales. Now living in South Carolina - which is rather better than the city recently voted as the 5th worst place to live in the UK in which I used to reside.

Nice clouds. And the plant fronds below seem to mirror the approaching storm. Are they moving in the wind? They look like it.

The sign may keep away pedophiles, but it will attract those who have a prurient interest in sheep.

Or did someone just say that?

I don't think paedophiles can tell the difference between sheep and children.